Miflex hoses. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miflex doesn't sell them to LDS's direct in the US. They use XSScuba as their distributor.... So I'm sure they are involved in the price.

Also, if they are made in the UK, the value of the US dollar going down definately plays into scuba gear made in Europe as it cost more now....

I've noticed several scuba items made in Europe have price increases in the last year or so. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go up again.

I think you missed my point Mike... UK product. Put it in a box. Ship it to the US. Pay import duty. Add US dealer and distributor profit. Sell it to US consumer for way less than in the UK... Go figure. :mooner:

Are there any dealers in Asia, maybe the Philippines? I would like to get some.

I think you missed my point Mike... UK product. Put it in a box. Ship it to the US. Pay import duty. Add US dealer and distributor profit. Sell it to US consumer for way less than in the UK... Go figure. :mooner:

ah... so it's cheaper to buy the hose in the US after all the extra added cost?

that's just wrong of the UK distributor to do folks that way... but then again that happens a lot in the scuba industry with their price controls.

ah... so it's cheaper to buy the hose in the US after all the extra added cost?

that's just wrong of the UK distributor to do folks that way... but then again that happens a lot in the scuba industry with their price controls.

Yep. That's the way it goes here. Same for Apeks. Made in Blackburn, cheaper in the US. Buy some stuff over here that's made in the US and you can be looking at Dollar = Pound. Gripe. Gripe. :shakehead:

Brett,

I have used an Atomic and an Oceanic with a second stage swivel joint. The feel of these compared to a MiFlex hose is a little different, in that the whole hose is flexible, rather than with the joint, the very end being more mobile while the rest is still normal rubber hose. However, I have found that the added flexibility of the MiFlex does significantly reduce the drag you can get off a traditional hose. I'd give one a go, but I think you will be impressed.

Mark

Mark,

That's awesome to hear! I will definitely give one of these a try and from the sound of it I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with it. For the money I think I have to give it a try, it's only about $15 more than a standard hose, certainly worth the few extra bucks considering my alternatives. Thanks very much for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

Is there a Canadian distributer for the Miflex hoses?

XS Scuba distributes them in North America, so any shop that is an XS dealer should be able to order them for you.

Thanks Jimmer... One of the LDSs in the area is an XS dealer. I'll have to look into some of them pretty blue hoses. Ok, black.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom