Miflex hoses. Anyone used them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a note to everyone interested, I was at XS Scuba today and they were just getting their shipment in of them so they should be ready to send out! Even got to open one up and play with it while I was there and I fell in love. There 22" - 84" inch for the reg hose, and 22"-36" for the BC QD hose.

We have them available for purchase right now! I got to play around with one the other day and was pretty well amazed at how many knots I could tie it in and not mess it up. Not that you'd ever have a reason to do THAT to a hose, but its flexibility and over all strength was very impressive! They are available in LP Regulator Hoses and LP Inflator Hoses.

The Hoses are in stock here and ready to ship. I just picked mine up today, I think it will fit the bill very nicely.

Miflex Regulator Hose

Miflex Inflator Hose

Argh, why is it so hard to find red stuff! (I'm guessing because it get's washed out in depth and looks brown... but it looks good out of water!!)

Argh, why is it so hard to find red stuff! (I'm guessing because it get's washed out in depth and looks brown... but it looks good out of water!!)
Actually, the "problem" with reds is that they usually fade far more quickly than other colors. Take a look at litter, for example, and you'll see reds gone long before other colors. (Anyone who's used an inkjet-printed sticker in a weathering location would likely agree.)

I'd imagine the same problem with Orange and other similar colors.. .but then I guess that since orange is so highly visible, that's okay.

G'day,

I used Miflex hoses when I set up my new regulators for my twin setup earlier in the year. Colour co-ordinated them. Blue for inflator and yellow for regulator hoses.

As the old style hoses fail on my single regulator setup I'm replacing them with the Miflex hoses.

They're available here in Australia from The Scuba Doctor.

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

I put a Miflex reg hose on my reg setup and have gone diving a couple of times with it now. I am quite pleased with the performance of the hose, it is very flexible and does reduce the jaw fatigue that most standard hoses cause. In comparison to a second stage swivel, the Miflex hoses feel slightly different and lighter but do an overall similar job at a much lower price. Top it off with the reg being easier to put in a reg bag, lighter and having one less thing to break (no swivel) so I give these a 2 thumbs up rating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom