Miflex HP Blowout! Eeek!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine does not turn after it's pressurized. So I turn my console to how I want it first, then turn the tank valve one.

Adam

Yes, same thing for me.

The Phantom brand hoses are just now being imported into the US, but have been in other markets for several years, and are much more attractively priced than the Miflex.

I don't know where you get your Phantom hoses but at scuba.com at least, the Phantom hoses are more expensive than the Miflex. Same at innovative scuba. I guess it means that for the retailer they are more attractively priced.

Bill

Well I have now personally witnessed a 24-inch series one Miflex HP hose blow. We were on the boat and the guy beside me was gearing up and we all heard this load crack. As a joke, I said "It sounds like a Miflex HP hose to me", sure enough, the hose had burst mid way along the braid. Nowhere near the swages. The yellow centre was showing the the braid had exploded too. He was just turning on his tanks at the time when it happened. Fortunately, the boat skipper had an HP plug and the diver was using an air integrated computer, so he could still dive. Glad I swapped all of mine out now.

What was wrong with the standard HP hose? :idk:
Great question. While it seems that the braided hoses do offer some advantages, those advantages don't seem significant compared to the surrender of generations of field testing that standard hoses have undergone. I'm going to wait a while longer.

damn, just swapped to a HP Miflex last week. (due to a pinhole leak in my old HP hose) Hopefully I have one of the newer model hoses. AND HOPEFULLY won't have a blow out. :(

Well I have now personally witnessed a 24-inch series one Miflex HP hose blow. We were on the boat and the guy beside me was gearing up and we all heard this load crack. As a joke, I said "It sounds like a Miflex HP hose to me", sure enough, the hose had burst mid way along the braid. Nowhere near the swages. The yellow centre was showing the the braid had exploded too. He was just turning on his tanks at the time when it happened. Fortunately, the boat skipper had an HP plug and the diver was using an air integrated computer, so he could still dive. Glad I swapped all of mine out now.

That's how mine blew. But I did send it back to XSScuba through my LDS and it was replaced at no charge with the newer style (has a tiny hose protector on the 1st stage end) and I haven't had any problems with it in since. I haven't heard of any problems with the updated style of HP Miflex hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom