Mike Fisch has passed on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
All we know is that he died in his sleep about three weeks ago. Other than diabetes, he was a pretty healthy. Very knowledgeable about tech diving and firearms. I'll miss you @michael-fisch!

As an aside, his son will be selling off his gear, and he had a lot. I'll be vouching for him when he does join. He's still in mourning.

Well crap.
Before we met in person he read one of my post on this forum and pm-ed me offering to bring a extra rebreather from half the world away just so I could try it out.
Next time I dive something new i'll remember him.

Mike kindly offered for me to stay with him when I was in cave country last Christmas. I’m on my way into the area and was going to try to stop by Lake City to say hello. He was great and very kind. Knew a crap ton about diving.

He was very attached to his kitties. If anyone wants to do anything in remembrance of Mike, donate to your local animal shelter/rescue. He took on a new kitten while I was staying with him. I hope the cat ladies across the street take his cats.

Wow, very sad. He was a valuable contributor.

Very sad. I only knew him through this forum, but he was a very knowledgable and friendly contributor. I'm glad he got to realize his dream of living and diving in cave country before his passing.

Condolence to him family.

Sincere condolences to Mike's friends and family. I read with interest his journey over to FL from Germany. I'm sorry his time in cave country wound up being relatively short, but he made his dream happen and it's quality over quantity anyway. RIP.

I just noticed this, as I have been out of the country and not on SB. I didn't know Michael at all or even cross paths with him on SB, but I am stunned because I recall he had fairly recently relocated to cave country FL from Germany to live the dream. I am truly saddened.

Just seeing this. I'm so sorry to hear the news. I didn't know him and we didn't enjoy the same kind of diving, but I still appreciated his posts and his knowledge. It seems like just yesterday he was posting about moving to cave country from overseas.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom