Military Members Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey Chris
just returned from Roatan a week ago. Water is about 82 deg F, weatehr was beautiful. I know you will enjoy it
John

SGT - USMC
1985-1992
Semper Fi

SGT,U.S. Army
Currahee!

A proud salute to all who served.

I am back now, sorry it has taken awhile but things have been happening and alot has changed. BTW I am in Alabama now, so keep the Gump jokes to a minimum :)

Just noticed this post but thought I should chime in.
Sgt, US Army, M60A3 Armor crewman. 19E20X
Desert Shield/Desert Storm vet. Now just another one of your friendly neighborhood USPS employees.

First Class Petty Officer, US Navy
2000-Present.
Naui Instructor

Army Major, retired.
Communications Officer
Still serving as an Army Civilian.

Greetings and hello to all. I'm a retired USAF diver having served from 1960-1984 primarily in two career fields, missiles and space. I came up through the ranks E1-E-7 then O1-O3. The majority of my diving was on Okinawa with Florida a second (1960-1969). When I stepped out of Diving in the late 80s I was a PADI Course Director, M-532, having had a heck of a ride in both diving and the military. I worked missiles and space but secondarily was on more than a couple of Military Dive Teams including Aircraft Recovery. In both that and satellites/space I worked with all branches of the military.
I was the first US Advisor to the Okinawan Dive Club (mid 60s) and another USAF SCUBA Instructor along with myself taught the first very PADI Instructors course on Okinawa in 1969 with classes between Kadena and Camp Hansen and the ocean of course. Myself and a couple other Reef Rovers hosted the first Spiny Sunray Starfish board and removal project/dive-ins that year as well as the first International SCUBA competetions later that year on the island. Now I'm primarily into hunting and fly fishing but as a third hobby and project plan on getting back into diving (photography, gold and spearing) and compiling a list and history of the Reef Rovers of Kadena Air base. Feel free to contact me concerning Okinawa Diving (historical) and other subjects of interest.

Back
Top Bottom