Millbrook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Id like to know too. Although I know its definitely freezing still

I was told it was 36 degrees with 4ft of viz at the plane last weekend. Not a good omen for the viz as temps rise and algae grow.

I was there on Sunday.

Air temp: 86°F
Surface temp: 63°F (for about a foot)
15' Platform temp: 43°F
30' Platform temp: 42°F
Airplane at 70': 36°F

The visibility was better than last December. I was able to see the 30’ platform from the 15’ platform. I was amazed when I looked up from the 30’ platform and I could see the 15’ platform. I could identify each of my students on the 15’ platform. I could see each of my students on the 30’ platform but could not identify who was whom. I could see the airplane before I ran into it. I could not see wingtip to wingtip but my light actually worked instead of reflecting particulates.

I never felt cold and it was a relief to sink below the hot air and bright sunlight!

I was there on Sunday.

Air temp: 86°F
Surface temp: 63°F (for about a foot)
15' Platform temp: 43°F
30' Platform temp: 42°F
Airplane at 70': 36°F

The visibility was better than last December. I was able to see the 30’ platform from the 15’ platform. I was amazed when I looked up from the 30’ platform and I could see the 15’ platform. I could identify each of my students on the 15’ platform. I could see each of my students on the 30’ platform but could not identify who was whom. I could see the airplane before I ran into it. I could not see wingtip to wingtip but my light actually worked instead of reflecting particulates.

I never felt cold and it was a relief to sink below the hot air and bright sunlight!

Were you diving dry? That seems very cold for a wetsuit.

Seems like with all the cooler than normal temps it may be a good year to look into a drysuit! :wink:

From the weekend of 6/14-15. The recent rain storms wiped out visibility in the 10' to 20' range - no exaggeration there was only 1' of viz.

Temps:Surface Temp: Low 60s

Water Temp (0'-15'): High 50s

Water Temp (15'-40'): High/Mid 40s

Water Temp (Deep): Low 40s

Visibility:

0'-8': 2'-5' Visibility

8-'18': 0'1' Visibility

18'-40': 5;-10' Visibility

Deep: 5'-8' Visibility

The water level is also very high. At beach 2.5, the staircase is completely submerged. At the first step down, the water is almost to the knees.

Back
Top Bottom