Mine La Motte death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since it was raining it was just Stingray and myself. The place has potential to be a great dive spot. With a few things added it will not only offer a nice place to dive but great caves and some old ( late 1800's) equipment. There are so many things there to do and the space to do it. Just takes someone to make the first move. laters

ResQDiver,
Is the bottom any cleaner? When I was there in April, there where literally thousands of beer cans on the bottom.

Unless we organize a weekend clean up dive with free admission for the weekend. Been tossing it around since ResQDiver and I dove there. We have the contact info for everyone there and the owner.

How many would be willing to participate if I could get something arranged with possible free air too?

Unless we organize a weekend clean up dive with free admission for the weekend. Been tossing it around since ResQDiver and I dove there. We have the contact info for everyone there and the owner.

How many would be willing to participate if I could get something arranged with possible free air too?

I would not participate unless there was some reason to believe that the owners were going to make a serious effort to prevent their "customers" from continuing to dump in the lake while drinking and partying there. The only semblance of control being exercised is that coolers are checked to make sure that glass containers are not being brought onto the property.

theskull

Good point. Unless it is turned into a divers only quarry, it wouldn't do much good. And unless he is pressured by the authorities, he has no motivation to kick out 500 teenagers and exchange them for 20 divers.

Good point. Unless it is turned into a divers only quarry, it wouldn't do much good. And unless he is pressured by the authorities, he has no motivation to kick out 500 teenagers and exchange them for 20 divers.

I would be willing to spend some time cleaning it up. Maybe the owner would be willing to rope in an area for scuba only? I can guarantee that local shops in STL would start bringing their classes there if there was a platform at 15-20 feet and no chance of harassment from the partying crowd. I know the CD I work with would use it.

I could provide free air for about 10 people.

I just tried going to their web site “the-offsets.com” and it appears to be down.
I don’t think there is any practical way to rope off a divers only area. As far as being harassed by the party crowd, that is an absolute given. The last time we were there, it was late spring, before the crowd got really going. I would say there was a dozen or so locals that showed up. Although we didn’t have any trouble with them, it did give you an insight into what it would be like with several hundred.
But maybe with the recent trouble he might consider moving towards a diver friendly environment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom