Mixing NAUI and PADI Certs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBASailor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got my OW cert from our local NAUI shop. It has since closed and re-opened under new ownership, but is by no means a bustling shop. After 6 months, it still doesn't have any inventory to speak of.

I've found a PADI shop 60 miles away which is large, very well organized, and has a large, active dive club. I am impressed by their operation, instructors and divemaster volunteers.

I'd love to take the advanced class with the the PADI shop, if I can work the travel into my schedule. I am wondering if there is any problem with mixing certs from NAUI and PADI. When I mentioned to the PADI shop that I would like to take the advanced class with them, they did not indicate that there would be a problem, but I still wonder about it.

Would a PADI AOW cert somehow prevent me from taking NAUI classes in the future if our local NAUI shop gets going?

NO - DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!!!! AGGHH
World... ending... :D

Funny, I just talked to my LDS about that very thing since they are considering switching to SDI from PADI and I was told that everything crosses over amongst the major agencies that conform to the standards that I can't remember right now.

My buddy has Naui OW and PADI AOW, now he is not sure what dive table to use! HAHAHA. I guess thats what happens when you cross the streams...

No worries what so ever! I have certifications through both including professional level and have never experienced a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom