Monado, where to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so excited! Leaving Monday for Lembeh and Bangka. My dive trip will be over on the 8th but couldn't get a flight back on Silk Air until the 10th. I'm fine with that but would like to find a comfortably priced but lovely place near the airport for the two remainder nights. Any ideas? TIA

I havent overnighted in Manado for a few years but I do remember thinking the Hotel Gran Puri while far from new and flash had the most comfortable bed ever and an amazing spa with a mall underneath and was not too far from the airport. Also had a hilarious in room menu thing electric cattle offering guests the opportunity to purchase. I would seriously stay there again just for the massage and the awesome chandelier in the lobby...room service wasn't too bad either.

Electric cattle?

Also, please check your inbox because you should have mail.

Thanks for the hotel recommendation. I'll look at it. :)

Novatel airport hotel does the trick for me, it's about 10 minutes from the airport. And when being transfered to Lembeh you avoid alot of Mando traffic. I just started the Lembeh leg of my current trip and so far so good!

That sounds good to me because I've got some points! :)

One more for the Novotel. Points are good!
I've also stayed at the Aryaduta in Manado near the piers and the mall. It was decent and met my basic requirements.
Have a nice trip.

LOL golf hunh? Maybe, maybe . . .haven't trued golf on an island since Rarotonga, Cook Islands.

Novotel is great for one night, however I wouldn't recommend it for two nights, it's far away from downtown and the restaurants.
I would rather go for Aryaduta (ex Ritzy).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom