Monitor brightness check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike7

Reaction score
My brightness on my monitor is a little bit darker then it really should be so it can be a pain to view some photos, I know I can change the brightness but I need some kind of graph or a screen picture to setup the monitor so its just right for the pictures.

Anyone had this or know how to setup the monitor so its just right?

My not be a big deal but can be between to bright or to dark of a photo after editing.

If you have installed an Adobe photo editing program, then you probably have Adobe Gamma on your system. Do a file find for Adobe Gamma.cpl and execute it (It will probably be in something like program files | common files | adobe | calibration )

It will launch a wizard that will guide you through the steps of calibrating your monitor.

There are many more sophisticated programs and hardware for monitor adjustment and color management, but simply doing the Adobe Gamma is a very good first start.

Charlie99:
If you have installed an Adobe photo editing program, then you probably have Adobe Gamma on your system. Do a file find for Adobe Gamma.cpl and execute it (It will probably be in something like program files | common files | adobe | calibration )

It will launch a wizard that will guide you through the steps of calibrating your monitor.

There are many more sophisticated programs and hardware for monitor adjustment and color management, but simply doing the Adobe Gamma is a very good first start.

That sounds more like it ta, the sites that came up when I searched just had black/white graphs but it just made my windows to bright when I followed them. I dont have Adobe but I'll try the trial download tomorrow and see if it has it.

Edit; doh guess I should of searched on here too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom