In Process: More new annoying adds...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This site has become unbearable with ads. What mod can help me with deleting my account?

And from my perspective, the Annual Support contribution ($40) to have all the ads go away is a very small price to pay for the value to me of SB.
You’ve made that abundantly clear. Glad that works for you. Not everyone feels that way - and that could include new users who are coming to scubaboard for the first time. Site usability impacts site visitation. It may very well be that they come out ahead despite the degraded UX.

At the end of the day, simple honest feedback has been provided, the owners can and will do as they see fit. Those providing feedback don’t need you banging away on your “pay for it” drum… especially when you hypocritically call out people for expecting things for free, but then talk about using Adblock when browsing yourself. What about all those other poor publisher websites?

What are people using on mobile to block ads? Android preferred.

Are you having any luck in changing the world to your satisfaction?
I expect to pay for something, or accept the advertising.
Use a browser which positively discriminates against adverts.

On iStuff, Ghostery works well.

I use DuckDuckGo and see zero ads.

Didnt Pete say he’s seeing ads too? So @tursiops i suspect your Adblocker is what is stopping the ads and not being an SB supporter.

Didnt Pete say he’s seeing ads too? So @tursiops i suspect your Adblocker is what is stopping the ads and not being an SB supporter.
AdBlocker works quite well for me on iOS. It also prevents you from posting photos if you do that often.

Youz pays da vig and youz enjoy da site!

My ad blocker is on my desktop.

Back
Top Bottom