mosquito compu......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to replace my first Mosquito under warranty after 6 months. It had a similar problem to the one ReefGuy mentioned where it was was getting stuck in dive mode at the surface while giving some wacky depth numbers. Suunto replaced it quickly and the new one is working great after 6 months.

Other than that incident has been a great computer. And at least it had the decency to break at the surface instead of during a dive.

My Mosquito has made numerous trips to PNG and all around the Carribean. I have not had any problems with it. I use it as my primary with a Suunto Favor as a back-up. The Mosquito is MUCH more conservative than the Favor.

I am also looking at the Mosquito computer. My question is how long the waranty lasts?

I'm about to buy one of these, it better work..............

ShakaZulu:
I'm about to buy one of these, it better work..............

It'll work and if it screws up take it back to the LDS and they'll get it exchanged for a brand new one! My first one had a problem too! It started showing I was at depth when I was dry. I took it back to the shop and they sent it in and a brand new one was sent back to me via the shop.

On a side note: I'm wondering if some of the other users that had similar problems, left there Mosquito in one of the dive modes. On the computer that failed I left it in either free dive or air dive mode all the time. The watch function works fine in these modes, however; I'm wondering if it may have contributed to its demise or caused it. The new one I'm very careful to return to a non-dive mode when not diving.

Any thoughts? :wink:

tibbs14:
I am also looking at the Mosquito computer. My question is how long the waranty lasts?

I just bought one from my LDS. I registered it online and it showed a five year warranty. I also received coupons for a free battery each year for 3 years.

They also sent a coupon for $100 future upgrade.

aqua lung warranty bonus site.

I just sent my mosquito for repair... it started reading 5.9metre deeper than actual depth during a dive, and when I surfaced, it continued to read 5.9m until it hanged at 999mins of "diving".

My mosquito is about 2 years old... I changed the battery once, and it probably had about 50 dives on it.

Somehow, dont' ask now, I kicked it into freediving mode while doing SCUBA. At 5 minutes it beeped, and said hey dummy. Not catching my mistake immediatly after the alarm, I can't make surface within the 1 minute period they give you before it kicks into error mode.

Ok, now it's in this error mode for 48 hrs to remind me of what an idiot I am to have did that in the first place. I figure ok, I can deal with that, and I wore the watch on 2 dives the next day but didn't rely on the computer functions. (Ugh.. manual dive planning)

Over the next two days I checked in on the watch and saw the surface time displayed alternating with a countdown to 48 hours.. much like the no-fly counts down. Also planning mode is disabled. Being a techie, I'm thinking this is pretty cool.. everything is happening just like they said it would. I checked again after the 48 hour error time expecting to see things nice and normal again. WRONG. It's still counting up on surface time. However there is no alternating countdown and planning mode is available. At the point I write this note my surface time is reading almost 71 hours.

I dropped a note on Suunto's website and got a canned reply back to take it in for service.

From reading other posts, it seems Suunto's customer service is great but I did buy the computer used so I'm expecting a long turn aorund and possibly a high bill for the repairs, whatever they are.

I kicking around the idea of going diving with it again tomorrow. My theory being, is that once I sink below the surface, it will realize my surface interval is over, and it will treat this as a succesive dive with 100 hours surface interval.

Bob (who wont make *that* mistake again)

makinbubbles,
It is normal for the mosquito to continue timing the surface interval up to 99:59. Mine always does that after every dive.

Also, after an interval that long it doesn't treat the dive as a repetitive dive, it will log it as the first dive in a new series. It will display the 98:08 minute or whatever surface interval on the display in the dive log function but the dive will show as Dive # 1 indicating it is a new dive series.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom