mosquito compu......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer:
makinbubbles,
It is normal for the mosquito to continue timing the surface interval up to 99:59. Mine always does that after every dive.

Phew.. thats a relief. I've never seen it count past the no-fly time so I was kinda/sorta concerned. I'm going diving this afternoon so it will be a race to see if I can hit the water before it hits 99:59.

Thanks,
Bob (breathing a sigh of relief)

I use the mosquito as my primary and a favor as my back-up. The mosquito is much more conservative than my favor. Recently, in Cozumel, I ended up violating my mosquito by 1 minute (I won't go into the reason why <snicker>) My favor was well within dive profile. As I continued diving, my back-up (favor) became my primary. I never gave my mosquito the chance to re-set. The computer continued to log the information, however, and it was retrievable on download. To regain use of the computer, you really have to give it its time out of the water.
Another reason I use two computers! #%&* happens.

MB104:
150 dives over 2 years on my Mosquito and not a single problem. I did have to change the battery one time, but it was a simple installation. I even got a new battery by calling the manufacturer, telling them I needed a new battery, and they sent it right out...free!

So here I am quoting myself....Now I have a problem. I did a 75' dive for 35-40 minutes last night. Came up and the AC (active contact with water) icon was displayed. It stayed displayed for over 12 hours. Now my computer is just a watch. Can't do squat with it except see the time. Lets see how good their customer service really is...

jimmyboy:
with the suunto computers when you change the battery and it is out of the computer for more than 1 minute the thing goes wacky and has to be sent back to be recalibrated, this could be the problem.

I haven't changed the battery for 10 months.

I just got off the phone with Suunto. Seems the contact for the top left button is bad. Overnighting it to them today. This is a joy.

wow.. sounds like a lot of problems with the mosquito.
darn. i was hoping to get one.
not sure now. i don't need those kinds of headaches.
regardless of how nice their customer service is.

Don't let these posts deter you. I've had mine for over 500 dives and it's fine. I've also sold a bunch when I worked on St. Thomas and they have all been fine. The good thing about the customer service is that if something does go wrong they are good about fixing or replacing the unit.

As per a previous post Aqualung (North America dist. for Suunto) is offering free future batteries, etc. for purchase, a nice incentive.

Chris

MB104:
I just got off the phone with Suunto. Seems the contact for the top left button is bad. Overnighting it to them today. This is a joy.

So here I am...quoting myself again.

I sent my Mosquito off to Suunto on Friday. They called me at work on Monday to tell me that they received it, and what it would cost to fix. If I had my receipt, which I don't, it wouldn't cost me a thing to fix (I think they said they would have sent me a new one). I can't blame anybody but myself for this one.

Anyway, for what I believe is a reasonable fee, they are fixing the watch and overnighting it to me. I should have it today (Tuesday).

Thats what I call good customer service.
:10:

Quick question for all of you Mosquito users. I just got a new one and was wondering...if I don't use it as a daily watch, can I turn it off to save the battery life?

Thanks!

No, I wouldn't do that as you'd have to take the battery out. Just let it run, the battery life is pretty good, if you aren't diving with it much, it should be even better. Just put it into dive mode before you plan on going for a dive trip to check the battery status. You'll see 4 or less bars on the side as it goes through it's dive check which let's you know battery status.

chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom