mosquito compu......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using mine as a backup and watch/timer/ alarm on trips. So far it's been fine. Pretty handy for alarm clock. I never trust those wakeup calls and strange alarm clocks. I don't really care for the layout and display. I guess it's ok for a small wrist mount. Suunto is also a bit more conservative than other computers. This could be a plus or neg. Just saw the Nemo computer. It seemed pretty sweet. Smaller than Mosquito and seemed really solid. The graphics were a bit small but it feels like it could take a ton of abuse.

Well, I got the watch back from the service center. Not only did they get it back to me in a timely manner as promised, it appears that they replaced the watch, not just repaired it.

For the record, I am very happy with their customer service. This watch has been through hell and back, and has held up well. The problem was a connection with the upper left button. Thinking about it, I do press it really hard. I won't be doing that anymore.

MB104,
That's great to hear! It's been my experience when I worked at a dive shop that if Suunto replaced the unit if it was sent it. Enjoy the new one.
Chris

I have a Suunto Mosquito with a dive logged to 15ft for 999 minutes. Do I have to send it back, it works fine otherwise????

I dove on Saturday, did two dives, not sure what happened but now the computer has an Er in the middle display and keeps counting and recounting up and down, up and down. Is there any way to take care of this? I would like to reset it but it won't leave the dive mode, it is stuck there.

I've a Mosquito for about 2 years and 150 dives. Only had one problem, it once read 5.9m at the surface after I went for a swim.

I washed the computer in fresh water, and then took the battery out and put it back in. Problem solved, and no dive data lost either.

I think the problems can be caused by not getting rid of the salt properly. Salt crystals are very bad for both the pressure sensor and water contact sensors.

I now rinse my computer after each dive, and wear it loose when on land/boats so that I don't trap water/sweat.

I think there may seem to be lots of problems with Mosquitos, but here at least it is the most popular computer by a large margin. So we would expect more problems than with other computers.

MacHeath:
I think the problems can be caused by not getting rid of the salt properly. Salt crystals are very bad for both the pressure sensor and water contact sensors.

Absolutely correct, hence the recommendation in the Suunto manual about rinsing in fresh water after every dive.

How many owner's have read the manual? (loaded question - hehehe)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom