Most incorrectly spelled SCUBA brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, I belive that it is one of the steps along the way that an acronym becomes a word. Typical progression as I was taught:

S.C.U.B.A. --> SCUBA --> Scuba --> scuba.

I totally agree with this. Writing styles change with the times. I recently had to take a writing course and realized many things that are acceptable today would not have been acceptable back in the day. I still type with 2 spaces after a period...I know this practice dates me back to the times of typewriters! GASP! :eek:

One of the most useful courses I took in HS was typing. (OK, so I wanted to meet girls) That was a total failure, they kept me so busy I can still hear the ding and the sound of resetting the carriage when I type on a keyboard.

Again, totally agree! A skill that I use every single day! I can't say that about any other skill I learned in school, except for maybe spelling, which is used in conjunction with my typing skills here on SB! (when I'm using a laptop but not when I'm on an Apple device)

To vs too happens a lot if you dictate. Also, it can be very hard to go back and correct dictated mistakes for some reason, it seems as if the cursor just will not go to the right place!

No excuse! :poke:

Apeks isn't even a real dictionary defined word, peeps. It is a "made up" brand/trade name of a word, similar to Cintas, or some of those damn pharmaceutical made up brand names, like Lipitor or Xanax. There is no correct spelling of non-words. At least nothing that I would care to defend.

31500190-31500190.jpg

And a pic of my modified BG-174 o2 rebreather because I can.

IMG_9871-01.jpeg

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck on "loose" and "lose", "your" and "you're". Speech-to-text has created some challenges - but when I see these errors in memes I can't finish reading them. (SMH)

Btw, I'm a ScubaBroad who is rarely ScubaBored here on ScubaBoard. (had to double check all of that - just in case!)

Apparently "Waffle Box" is not how you spell rEvo..... I'm still waiting to see proof though.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom