Suggestion Mozilla/Firefox ScubaBoard and ScubaToys search plugins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Reaction score
Thanks to rab for pointing out that you can post zip files.

Here they are! These plugins will add scubaboard and/or scubatoys to your search options in Firefox (up there in the search window that comes with Google by default). To install them:

Unzip either or both...whichever searches you want.

Each zip file has two files in it: a small XML file with a .src extension, and a jpg graphic. There is nothing even potentially virusy here at all.

Copy both files into the "searchplugins" directory of Firefox. For me, that's at:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins
Your may be elsewhere depending where you have Firefox installed.

Restart Firefox.

Now you should be all set. To choose where to search click the Google icon in the search window and change it to scubaboard or scubatoys.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions :D Maybe post a reply to this thread if you use the plugin and like it/dislike it or have suggestions. It's nice to know if it's useful.

Thanks to Yukoneer for making icons.

Gregg

Anyone know how to get this plugin to work on a mac?
I've added search engines before but all you had to do was click on a link, which said something such as "javascript:addEngine blahblahblah".
I've searched around to try and find where the search engine .src files are stored on my computer but alas they seem to be nonexistant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom