Multiple deaths diving off NC coast May 10, 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Totally off topic, but when I last dove with Discovery (I believe Sept. 2019) they told me they were retiring the 6 pack boat and would only be using the bigger boat after last season...

I thought you had told me they were retiring the Outrageous V and would only be running the 6-pack....?

I thought you had told me they were retiring the Outrageous V and would only be running the 6-pack....?
Wow, if that's the case business must be way down. I remember back in the day they were running two big crew boats plus the Captain's Lady. I think the other crew boat was the SeaQuest II? I think it had a yellow hull.

You know now that you say that maybe that was it? My memory fails me... :facepalm:

That being said, not even sure if that was accurate, just what the mate (we were ON the Captain's Lady at time) told me - that ONE of their boats was being retired - but not sure if either boat was actually retired.

Their website still has the ability to book on both boats, and has slots booked some days in June on the Outrageous, so what I was told must either have been inaccurate or plans changed. Both boats appear to be still in use.

Their website still has the ability to book on both boats, and has slots booked some days in June on the Outrageous, so what I was told must either have been inaccurate or plans changed. Both boats appear to be still in use.

My recollection (NOT to be relied on) was that you said you were told the Out V was due for Coast Guard recertification (or something like that) and that they were not going to spend the money to make it meet the current (new?) regs. They were going to let its certification to be used as a commercial dive boat expire and not renew that.

But, yeah, who knows what happened in the meantime.

Wow, if that's the case business must be way down. I remember back in the day they were running two big crew boats plus the Captain's Lady. I think the other crew boat was the SeaQuest II? I think it had a yellow hull.

Yeah, I remember that, but I have some idea that they haven't had the second big boat for a while. I have no idea if that is for sure true and, if so, when they lost their second big boat.

Yeah, I remember that, but I have some idea that they haven't had the second big boat for a while. I have no idea if that is for sure true and, if so, when they lost their second big boat.
You are right, but I don't remember the year they stopped running it. It hasn't been around for a while. I think the captain was Jerry? I might be wrong, but I think I used to get them mixed up at first because one was Terry and one Jerry.

You are right, but I don't remember the year they stopped running it. It hasn't been around for a while. I think the captain was Jerry? I might be wrong, but I think I used to get them mixed up at first because one was Terry and one Jerry.

Terry is the captain of the Out V. Or was every time I went out on it. I never did go out on the Sea Quest (or whatever it was called). Or the Captain's Lady, either, for that matter.

I like Captain Terry. I hope he and the Out V are still running.

Terry is the captain of the Out V. Or was every time I went out on it. I never did go out on the Sea Quest (or whatever it was called). Or the Captain's Lady, either, for that matter.

I like Captain Terry. I hope he and the Out V are still running.
+1 - he's a good guy.

+1 - he's a good guy.

Seaquest was sold to Double Action Dive Charters in 2018. SeaQuest II - Double Action Dive Charters
Last summer we dove with Olympus and Jerry was crewing one of their boats. Was great to see him again.

Terry the long time Captain of Outrageous V retired last September. I’m not sure who the Captain is for it now that he’s retired.

Back
Top Bottom