My first BP/W. Good deal?

Did I get a good deal?

• Yep. Definitely a good deal

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Eh... not bad, but could have done better

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No way. Could have just set your money on fire. Would have been a better value

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

52brandon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Many of you probably know from my other threads that I'm just getting into this lifestyle seriously. I've been slowly amassing my gear one step at a time. I'm mostly aiming for used stuff that I can save money on until I get into stuff that I likely will have to pony up for new, like exposure suits. Just trying to save as much as I can on it all, as it's not exactly like I can just go drop a few grand to get good gear

I just picked up this BP/W setup from eBay. It's all Dive Rite except the Zeagle QD weight pouches. After adding it all up, it looks like if I picked it up new, it would have set me back about twice that, so I think I got a good deal on. it. But what do you guys think? Good deal? Decent? I'm a moron that doesn't know what he's doing and just threw my money away?

Scuba Backplate | eBay

I find it's better not to ask about something after it's been purchased as this can result in crying into ones cereal.

The wing is a big wing if diving singles. I think the price is ok, plate is around $90 new, harness is about $30 new, pockets no idea but imagine approaching $100. The wing is an old model. STA and cam bands again approaching $100 but I guess you know all this already. I think you did ok. If it gets you in the water diving then it's all good.

nvm, didn't scroll down far enough.

I will echo the sentiments of the poster above me. I had that wing and diving singles was a headache as far as venting etc. So know you MAY have some issues with the wing when diving singles.

Just so you know the link doesn't work since the auction has expired.

I checked it about 2 minutes ago and was working fine, must not have yet expired. Was DR SS plate, STA and cam bands, standard HOG harness and older DR Rec wing with Zeagle weight pockets.

the auction is over. I bought it for $238 including shipping. It seemed it would have cost me about $400-500 to piece together by what I found. I found the wing for $240, the plate for $90, the harness for $40, the pockets for about $60 on the pair. Then it all basically would have come down to the shipping. I figured at about 50% of what it would have cost new was good enough for me considering it looks to be in good condition. And there wont be any cereal crying on my end even if I overpaid for it used. This is all a learning experience. Some lessons cost more than others lol

the auction is over. I bought it for $238 including shipping. It seemed it would have cost me about $400-500 to piece together by what I found. I found the wing for $240, the plate for $90, the harness for $40, the pockets for about $60 on the pair. Then it all basically would have come down to the shipping. I figured at about 50% of what it would have cost new was good enough for me considering it looks to be in good condition. And there wont be any cereal crying on my end even if I overpaid for it used. This is all a learning experience. Some lessons cost more than others lol

Great way to look at it. Buying, changing, tweaking dive gear is all part of the fun.

Great way to look at it. Buying, changing, tweaking dive gear is all part of the fun.
yup. That's how I've done it with cars, bikes, guns, all my hobbies. I very much enjoy trying to find the best deals and build the best equipment for my needs and desires. Which is why I want to learn to work on all my own gear. I want to be able to tune and tweak everything I have. I love it. This is just the beginning

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom