My First Run in with a Wet Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fresh_Aire_Up_There:
Of course....as usual...a wet...wetsuit always goes on easier...but, you can't ALWAYS wet it first...Have fun diving....

You mean a wet wetsuit always goes on easier for you, not for everybody. If I try to put my wetsuit on wet then the description of me putting it on is similar to ZenDiva's. Mine goes on great and fits just right when it is dry. It depends on the lining, if you have extremely dry skin, not dry skinned, the cut and make of the suit, etc.

Yeah, I've seen LDS's try to put Ladies in male suits before, and if a young Lady who has a sunburn is not in the mood...:redhot: ...Duck and Cover, we got incoming!! But it sounds like you got a very helpful crew to help you out, or in as the case may be:05: . I'm not really flirtatious but I have had to ask a few ladies to "help me with my zipper" before, much to their utter amusement....and my embarassment :sorry19z: . They seem to think the colors I turn are very pretty. So I suggest something you can don and doff by yourself, unless of course you like turning pretty colors :D !
-Manta

Walter:
Darlin',

Farmer Johns don't have beaver tails. Jackets have beaver tails. Wanna help me with mine?

See what I mean ZenDiva? I couldn't even come up with the terminology after that experience :wink:

Walter my dear, you know the answer already :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Walter:
She's always begging to help with my beaver tail.
LOL! I'm leaving that alone, wouldn't want to have to give myself a 5-day :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Ah, for goodness sakes!
Take the wetsuit off.. yeah, you Walter, it ain't working... now put the legs on like panty hose. Start at the bottom and get it in place as you go... to the ankles, to the knees, to the hips... by now the crotch should be up where it belongs... really, no kidding.
Flip the rear over your rear and the put the arms on the same way... get the wrists in place, the elbows, etc.... zip up and ready to go!

Some people use plastic bags over their feet and hands to get that first bit of momentum going. Some use a water-and-shampoo solution to make their skin slick. I use cheap panty hose or a dive skin.
And while I just tried on a 5-mil Henderson Hyperstretch last month (a 12! Who knew?) do check the search engine about the Hyperstretch's record on snagging, fraying, durability. It's a chunk of change for another wetsuit. Personally the 3-mil Neosport (also Henderson) works just fine.

Is Walter still trying to get you to find his zipper?

I bought a Henderson Hyperstretch. I'm tall and so I issues with the standard sizing, too. It is a v. comfortable suit. I'll let you know how it dives after mid-December. :)

Girls in wetsuits......

"Try rubbing your self down with a cheap hair conditioner then wiggle"........

"but, you can't ALWAYS wet it first".........

"This is where a cheap pair of panty hose comes in handy!"........

"the crotch hung down around my knees, drove me nuts."......

"I can't believe you didn't get your experience on video".....

ROTF

I'm SO watchin this thread!!!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom