My journey into tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to hear more about your diving goals, Marie. 145 ft wreck doesn't sound like there would be a specific need for advanced technical training, though certainly beneficial. Are you wanting to do full wreck penetrations, visit deeper wrecks, extend your dives into deco?

Yes to all your questions! The Hume is my "first goal" for deeper wrecks. I want to be able to have more bottom time on deeper wrecks, which means going into deco.

The Advanced Wreck class on my training to-do list is full penetration.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear more about your diving goals, Marie. 145 ft wreck doesn't sound like there would be a specific need for advanced technical training, though certainly beneficial. Are you wanting to do full wreck penetrations, visit deeper wrecks, extend your dives into deco?

Spending 40-55 minutes exploring that wreck stem to stern sure does put you in the tech realm.....

being able to dive and not "fear" the "evil" NDL engrained in a recreational divers brain sure is arriving in the technical realm....

That is doing it safe! Same reasons I expanded my horizons into tech diving. I may never see 200' or hours of deco, or tens of hundreds of feet of caves, but being in control of my dives rather than a "puppet" is certainly a noble goal.

@Marie13 : I get it! GO!

I just knew this was coming when you got your necklace going :wink:

I've also gone all DIN and steel tanks. The only non-tech gear I've got left is the split fins! :wink:

Last edited:
Found the contact details for the tech instructor I like via the TDI website instructor search function. Sent him an email with my questions (where should I be at skills-wise for ITT, SM before ITT?, etc). Will be interesting to see his response.

Spending 40-55 minutes exploring that wreck stem to stern sure does put you in the tech realm.....

being able to dive and not "fear" the "evil" NDL engrained in a recreational divers brain sure is arriving in the technical realm....

That is doing it safe! Same reasons I expanded my horizons into tech diving. I may never see 200' or hours of deco, or tens of hundreds of feet of caves, but being in control of my dives rather than a "puppet" is certainly a noble goal.

@Marie13 : I get it! GO!

My questions weren't intended to shun her away from tech diving. I was curious what her goals were and continuing the conversation. I think most good tech instructors would ask that question, no?

I've also gone all DIN and steel tanks. The only non-tech gear I've got left are the split fins! :wink:

They need to go so you can start working on the non-silting kicks if you want to keep rummaging around in wrecks.

Last edited:
My questions weren't intended to shun her away from tech diving. I was curious what her goals were and continuing the conversation. I think most good tech instructors would ask that question, no?

Nor did I intend to challenge you. Too many times I only see "the deep, and deeper, and deeper" being the justification. I'm glad to see "the other side" sought.

Nor did I intend to challenge you. Too many times I only see "the deep, and deeper, and deeper" being the justification. I'm glad to see "the other side" sought.

What's "the other side" - past the Great Wall of NDL? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom