MySpace Pages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang! Have you guys seen Dandy Don's Friends list on his my space page??:eyebrow:

Don, do you have any guy friends??:rofl3:

haha he's definately a ladies man.

oh yeah! once you have a background,pics,music and one graphic you will have passed the myspace specialty course.
002549c65628e6dc9be4276ec2c9cb08.jpg

Kunk35:
Dang! Have you guys seen Dandy Don's Friends list on his my space page??:eyebrow:

Don, do you have any guy friends??:rofl3:
Lmao. Click "All Don's Friends" - why would I want a guy's pic on my profile page?

Sorry if I am raining on anyone's parade, but I scanned a couple of the myspace entries listed in the above thread and it is incredibly scary how free they were with enough personal information to seriously harm themselves by someone that would lean in that direction. There were names, cities, schools attended, birthdates, phone numbers etc. I am extremely surprised that more people are not practicing safe internet practices. In this day and age, identity theft is all over the place, and easier to do because of these types of practices. Good luck to you all, and some of you might want to take a look at your sites with a more critical eye.

kamfan:
Sorry if I am raining on anyone's parade, but I scanned a couple of the myspace entries listed in the above thread and it is incredibly scary how free they were with enough personal information to seriously harm themselves by someone that would lean in that direction. There were names, cities, schools attended, birthdates, phone numbers etc. I am extremely surprised that more people are not practicing safe internet practices. In this day and age, identity theft is all over the place, and easier to do because of these types of practices. Good luck to you all, and some of you might want to take a look at your sites with a more critical eye.
Yep! And myspace is one of the worst site for crooks because of that. I don't think phone numbers are allowed - can get your acct deleted, but I never put my actual town on any site - including here on SB, nor my high school. Didn't want to put any school on there, but had to have one to include a code I wanted to use.

The most common threat on myspace is Phishing, giving up your password and logon email - happens to veterans, happens to newbies a lot, even happened to me once. :blush:

Identity theft could happen to anyone at anytime, we just all hope that it's not us that gets chosen. You can have too much info, or none at all and still be targeted. Obviously, posting personal information on your website.. I mean really personal, is just not smart, but, I don't see how not having your school on there makes you that much less of a target.

kamfan:

Lets see.... My names not there, my birthdate isn't there, my address isn't there, no school is listed, no phone is listed (I don't anyones phone is even requested anywhere), My own photo isn't even up.

My SSN number isn't there either. SO If anyone can steal my ID from what's listed, I will personally write them check, because it's not possible.

Comrade

PS- I can't load my "edit profile" page on MS today. Anyone else having problems?

Back
Top Bottom