Name changes on certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harleydeb

New
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in the process of changing my last name to my husbands last name. All my certifications are in my previous name. We are planning a trip to Cozumel in October, will I need to change my certifications?

I have open water,advanced open water and nitrox.

Thanks!

As long as you look a bit like the picture, you can probably go by any name you want at the dive shop.

All certs don't have photos.

Name changes of that nature are fairly common. I doubt you'll have any trouble. If you're worried, but a copy of your marriage license in your save a dive kit.

You shouldn't have a problem - if somebody queries it, produce some other form of ID with your maiden name and preferably a photo. As Walter suggested, a copy of the marriage certificate might help. I suspect you won't have any trouble though.

If it's via PADI, you can get replacement cards although they may well ask for you to e-mail a copy of your marriage license. I'm not sure how it works for recreational divers, but for sure you need proof of the new name if you want to change a pro card.

Cheers,

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom