Nasty Gram From Iart Hq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's pretty well known that ScubaBoard, et al, are law-suit shy. .
I don't know that I would agree. Perhaps people ASSUME ScubaBoard would be lawsuit shy because of its previous lawsuit, but I don't see it myself. It may be quite the opposite. Having gone through a lawsuit and having prevailed, ScubaBoard has a better idea than most scuba discussion areas what can be done and what can't. They are less likely than others to react to empty threats. Pete is, of course, the expert on this, but I have seen other discussion boards fold their tents and delete entire threads over threats that would not have made us hesitate here.

I find it funny that they had a problem with posting links (I assume they were talking about me) on a public board to the information that they themselves have posted out for public view. How dare I link to their public information. Not to mention the link was just backing the instructor up that she was qualified to teach on a JJ as that had been questioned.

If they were concerned about information being out there they should tell the instructor in question to block people or take down both her personal facebook and business facebook pages. If I was the family of the deceased diver I would have my lawyer going all over those two pages taking screenshots and downloading all the pictures from the last few years.

EU has this relatively recent law called "right to be forgotten" (which many of us consider this incompatible with US 1st amendment, among other things). From EPIC - The Right to Be Forgotten (Google v. Spain):
In Google v. Spain, the European Court of Justice ruled that the European citizens have a right to request that commercial search firms, such as Google, that gather personal information for profit should remove links to private information when asked, provided the information is no longer relevant.

In this case they may have failed on several counts, like "personal information for profit" and "no longer relevant", but like patent trolling: you spam enough, you may get a sucker who'll pay you rather than the lawyers.

Not funny really.

Last edited:
Are foreign IART instructors allowed to teach in the USA? I am sure she had the requisite work permits, but unclear how foreign instructors get to teach in the USA. What are the rules and regulations?

I wonder when mine will come since I posted about this accident on my facebook group about 5 hours before it showed up on here in the forum I can't see? One of the divers who brought the deceased out is a moderator in my group.

I wonder when mine will come since I posted about this accident on my facebook group about 5 hours before it showed up on here in the forum I can't see? One of the divers who brought the deceased out is a moderator in my group.
You should complain! :lolabove:

These stories are out as most of the people seems to be the same as you NETDOC they gathering to be the first and want to tell anything about a story no matter if the facts are right or wrong... Just to be the first and have anything to tell or publish...

It is also amazing you be a master on English spelling or writing... But not really familiar with the law... Maybe a lucky monk with no nowbody opened a legal case against you...

Here's something to learn... http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/risks-associated-publication

Furthermore it is real sead it seams you are not aware of the rules and codex of scubaboard...
Special Rules for the Accidents and Incidents Forum

This sucks really ... Regards...

Cheers

These stories are out as most of the people seems to be the same as you NETDOC they gathering to be the first and want to tell anything about a story no matter if the facts are right or wrong... Just to be the first and have anything to tell or publish...

It is also amazing you be a master on English spelling or writing... But not really familiar with the law... Maybe a lucky monk with no nowbody opened a legal case against you...

Here's something to learn... Risks Associated With Publication | Digital Media Law Project

Furthermore it is real sead it seams you are not aware of the rules and codex of scubaboard...
Special Rules for the Accidents and Incidents Forum

This sucks really ... Regards...

Cheers
Does anyone see a similarity between this new SB member and the letter in question?

Does anyone see a similarity between this new SB member and the letter in question?

Yes. Apparently there is more than one scuba troll. It's believed this parasite species is on the brink of extinction and therefore it's best not to feed it.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom