Nasty Gram From Iart Hq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh. As usual I am slow on the uptake.

Does anyone see a similarity between this new SB member and the letter in question?

Any chance the site admins would disclose the geographic area or owner of the IP?

I'm thinking boyfriend or a partner for her teaching business trying for damage control. No doubt I would want to protect the brand .

I don't think IART would stick it's neck out. Other organizations like PADI seem to distance themselves from accidents when an instructor is involved ( I can think of the Boy Scout accident). Purely speculation and I don't need any lawsuits coming my way..

Quite unfortunate that a terrible accident/incident thread has become an offshoot dogpile because of someone's posting foolishness. The instructor or her business partners could have asked nicely. We'll never know how that would have been handled because now we're becoming derisive. This isn't attractive on us either though it certainly seems to be a quite natural response. :laughrant:

That said, may I suggest that we disregard the posts that are tweaking our rueful sense of humor or in some members, indignation.
:cuddles:

Perhaps people ASSUME ScubaBoard would be lawsuit shy
John, I don't want to have to go through another law suit. BUT, the needs of the public to know the facts far, far outweigh my need to eliminate all risk in this regard. Over the years, I have found that the best way to deal with these threats is to simply expose the cockroaches to the light. If you want to thre
I wonder when mine will come
Relax Jim, it probably won't. Facebook groups might be fun, but their content is never available through Google. IOW they are invisible and thus irrelevant to most of the world. There are other forums where you have to sign in to read and they suffer the same ignominy of irrelevance for being hidden to the world. Here, the facts, the opinions and even the suppositions can be found by any simple Google search. It's no secret that you don't like how we moderate the A&I forum, but we want to retain its usefulness for the diving public.
want to tell anything about a story no matter if the facts are right or wrong...
What part of the story is wrong? Please, if we have something wrong, I want to put it right. It's easy to say it's all wrong, but it takes guts to tell us what you think really happened. FWIW, I'm not the one complaining about your English. I can't tell if this was translated by a machine, or just a second language issue. I don't care. A threat is a threat in any language!

The intent of the original thread was never to assign blame. That's for a court of law to do. The public interest is served when facts are disclosed concerning a training incident and then discussed with an eye on not repeating the mistakes. We welcome facts from any source. If we have something wrong, then please set us straight. If you are related to the deceased or even the instructor, then these types of analyses are not for you. Please go to our passings forum and say a respectful 'goodbye' instead.
I'm thinking boyfriend or a partner for her teaching business trying for damage control.
We've very rarely shared IP or other information with anyone except with Law Enforcement. In fact, our infamous mega law suit was simply about that. They wanted to put 'clear' (real) names to the usernames so they could intimidate them. Yeah. I'm not going to do that willingly.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is not the Thread to debate the merits of language training in schools, or elsewhere. If your Post is missing, you know why. If something important was in it and germane to the topic, feel free to repost, but stay on topic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom