NAUI Rescue Diver course question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbaker248

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Morning all, I have just a few questions regarding this topic. I am about to start my NAUI rescue course within a couple of weeks. I've already read most of the book, and answered most of the knowledge review questions, and will finish both of those in a few days.
My question is: Where could I find sample test questions for this? I am not wanting the actual test, but some sample questions to see where I need to focus more studying/reading. Secondly I would like to ask the same question regarding sample questions for the NAUI Master Scuba diver course. My goal is to enter into the NAUI divemaster program by the middle of July if not sooner.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out in my quest to become a better diver through education and training!!!
Have a great Day!!!

I posted this on the basic scuba discussion board and did not get any replies, so I'll try here. Thanks for being patient with me!

For both Rescue Diver and Master Diver:
If you have the official NAUI book all you need to do is look at the highlighted portions labeled with a hand holding a pencil. Those are the exact answers to your test questions.
I would not just recite them but understand them. Put some logic behind those portions.

Math wise you'll just need to practice with actual numbers. I'm too lazy to help you there though. =P
What you could do is get another student and create questions on your own and do them separately. If you get the same answer chances are you did it right. Grabbing several divers (of different experiences) and doing the same question lessens your chances that all of you will get the wrong answer on a practice question.

Good luck in your courses!

Ditto on what g1138 said. Don't be nervous to ask questions.

If you message me on which topics in physics and math I can help.

I've briefly looked through my Master scuba diver book. Is there alot of math on the test? I've got a conversion app for my iphone that might help conversions from metric to imperial and vise versa.
Its gonna be a busy but fun summer!!!

I've briefly looked through my Master scuba diver book. Is there alot of math on the test? I've got a conversion app for my iphone that might help conversions from metric to imperial and vise versa.
Its gonna be a busy but fun summer!!!

There's more math on the Master Diver test than say the Basic OW test for NAUI. I think 20 questions max. Several questions will pertain to one problem though. For instance you'll get a dive profile and be asked several questions on how long your SI should be to dive to X depth for Y Time OR with Z SI what's your max depth and time for your next dive etc.

You won't need to convert between metric and imperial though.

Back
Top Bottom