Nauticam NEX-7 housing announced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I agree that the 45 degree optical finder is great on a 2 1/4 X 2 1/4" format that is always shot in horizontal I am not sure I would like it in 3:2 when you want to shoot in vertical and the screen is tilted that far to the side. All of the Nauticam NEX housings tilt the screen 15 degrees which makes a difference shooting both ways.

Further I would still take the OLED viewfinder on the NEX-7 over the LCD any day. A 45 degree finder for the OLED that can rotate 360 degrees would be the best option to me.

I like the different port systems for the acquapazza housings which seem to support several A-mount lenses.

With the 45 degree tilt I think it would be hard to use the OLED on the NEX-7 without some type of extension on the pickup finder.

Phil Rudin

The Nex 7 went on presale yesterday in Hong Kong, so I want to the Sony shop at 6pm and they were already sold out, arffff
Two kits are available, either just the body or the body and the 24mm f1.8. I probably buy the 18-55 separately. Some will be available again on the 20th......hopefully I will be able to get one....

Also contacted my local dive shop and they told me the Nauticam NA-NEX7 housing is not available yet, I hope it will be on the 15th as Nauticam announces....

Now, I looked at ports and I'm debating between the Flat port 72 and the 4" Wide angle. What is the big difference?
I will most likely use wet lenses, macro and wide angle accompanied with two Inon z240. So what do you guys recommend?

Thanks a lot for your support.

bgfspeedy

This image of the new Nauticam NEX-7 housing and the back for the 45/180 degree finders should end that question. Also checkout the new adapter for Canon lenses on the NEX camera bodies. Add a dome and gear for manual focus use of lenses like the 100 macro and fisheye.

www.sonyalpharumors.com

Phil Rudin

6715908657_dc744be404_z.jpgSchermata01-2455944alle183508.jpg

The Nex 7 went on presale yesterday in Hong Kong, so I want to the Sony shop at 6pm and they were already sold out, arffff
Two kits are available, either just the body or the body and the 24mm f1.8. I probably buy the 18-55 separately. Some will be available again on the 20th......hopefully I will be able to get one....

Also contacted my local dive shop and they told me the Nauticam NA-NEX7 housing is not available yet, I hope it will be on the 15th as Nauticam announces....

Now, I looked at ports and I'm debating between the Flat port 72 and the 4" Wide angle. What is the big difference?
I will most likely use wet lenses, macro and wide angle accompanied with two Inon z240. So what do you guys recommend?

Thanks a lot for your support.

bgfspeedy

Hey speedy, did you manage to snag a camera and housing ? Looks like I'm going to have to wait till at least Apr to get one

Hey speedy, did you manage to snag a camera and housing ? Looks like I'm going to have to wait till at least Apr to get one

Hey,

Haven't managed to get either housing or camera yet. Maybe camera will be available tomorrow Friday January, 20. The supplier for the housing didn't have the prices yet on today's date....

Will keep you posted.... still don't know about ports for housing though...
Flat port 72 or 4" Wide angle. What is the difference?

Cheers

Hey,

Haven't managed to get either housing or camera yet. Maybe camera will be available tomorrow Friday January, 20. The supplier for the housing didn't have the prices yet on today's date....

Will keep you posted.... still don't know about ports for housing though...
Flat port 72 or 4" Wide angle. What is the difference?

Cheers

I imagine that would depend on which lens you decide to get. Although in the past I've mostly shot macro with the P&S I have now, I will get the NEX-7 and 18-55 mm kit lens. So I think that means I will need the flat port. I don't plan on getting more than 1 or 2 other lenses sometime in the future but each would require it's own port ??? $$$ adds up fast

Regarding bgfspeedy's question about the flat port with the 18-55 kit lens it will narrow the field of view of the lens which helps a little on the close-up (55mm) end and reduces FOV and corner sharpness on the wide (18mm) end of the lens.

The dome port for the 18-55 lens helps corner sharpness and retains the above water AOV of the lens.

The 4.33 inch dome port for the 16mm pancake also works well with the wide angle converter lens and the fisheye converter lens. You can see some of my images with the two converter lenses at the Nauticamusa.com web site in the NEX-5 housing section.

Regarding the Nauticam NA-NEX-7 housing it appears in the US that we may see the housing in stock before the NEX-7 cameras.

Phil Rudin

Do you think there is room in the Nauticam Nex-7 housing for a focus ring for the Canon 60/100?
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom