Need a buddy for Bluewater in B'ham this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebomb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey,

I'm a newbie and I need a buddy for some shallow dives this weekend at Bluewater Park in B'ham. Purpose is to feed some fish, get some experience, and test recently serviced equipment. Gonna be cold soon so I want to get in as many dives as possible before then.

Thanks, Beck

thick wetsuit, a drysuit, or that you are not cold natured.

The last time I went there this past October, I was very very cold. BRRR!

There's a nasty thermocline at about 35 feet and it's in the 50s.

I wish you the best of luck. Be brave. :D

Victoria,

Yes, I'll do the wetsuit thing, but I am pretty warm natured. Been paddling whitewater for 20 years in AL, GA, & Tn. in the winter, so I'm kind of used to it.

I just got certified so I'm itching to go! I guess it was bad timing to get certified in the Fall.

Thanks for the reply!

Beck

...for me too. It's gonna be real cold. And we may be pushing doing something stupid. But I can bring a stove to prime the wetsuits with hot water. At least that will help. Do you have a phone number I can reach you on if I need to cancel? Oh yeah, what's your name?

Beck

hate you missed going sunday, it really was alot better than i expected. water temp was about 68. we didnt hit the theromcline until almost 70 feet. maybe next week. you have my phone # or you can message me here. AquaRock

Back
Top Bottom