Need a PERFECT honeymoon suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeiLing:
What was wrong with Fiji?

im sure hundreds of people come home every day from fiji and loved it - for me, you cant pay me to go back.

"lost" bookings (they were deleting my emails as i stood there watching them!), thieving resort staff, DM's breaking our equipment because they "borrowed" it, drunken git (ie, british) tourists that eventually ended up with one guy hitting his wife, one woman hitting another woman and a local security guard being up on rape charges. we put in a insurance claim when we got back and went to back to vanuatu

oh - and too many aussies.... i like to "get away" from home, not change location and have all the same yobbos :D

but i repeat!!!! im sure hundreds of people come home every day from fiji and LOVED IT!

it was just our turn to have one of those trips

almitywife:
im sure hundreds of people come home every day from fiji and loved it - for me, you cant pay me to go back.

"lost" bookings (they were deleting my emails as i stood there watching them!), thieving resort staff, DM's breaking our equipment because they "borrowed" it, drunken git (ie, british) tourists that eventually ended up with one guy hitting his wife, one woman hitting another woman and a local security guard being up on rape charges. we put in a insurance claim when we got back and went to back to vanuatu

oh - and too many aussies.... i like to "get away" from home, not change location and have all the same yobbos :D

but i repeat!!!! im sure hundreds of people come home every day from fiji and LOVED IT!

it was just our turn to have one of those trips

Particular resort? PM me!

What nut said.

actually Alcina hit it on the head

what sort of diving do you want to do, does the Mrs-2-B dive? how many flights do you want to endure to get there, how much time do you have available and ignore Hockey and TC...they are cheeky boys

Have very small wedding! Biiiiigggg honeyman! That's what I'd do if I had to do it all over again!

thats what we did MeiLing!! (check out my profile pic)

oh - and what aboot Hawaii????? also on my list of places to go to

almitywife:
thats what we did MeiLing!! (check out my profile pic)

oh - and what aboot Hawaii????? also on my list of places to go to

Kewl! :D

Hawaii's beautiful but very expensive! For my two cents, I loved the PI (Puerta Galera and Sangat Island)! And the diving in Hawaii is not the best! Beats the hell out of cold, murky lakes and quarries though! I certainly can't complain about it too hard! Manta ray dive in Kona is an absolute must! While on the Big Island, the volcano (above water) is a must too.:)

Tassie_Rohan:
Gangga Island . Small island. Nice resort. Good diving, they cater for honeymoons and have a spa etc.
I second that choice. They don't just "cater for honeymoons", that resort is a pretty famous boutique honeymoon destination for Europeans. Having excellent diving a short boat ride away or stunning diving in Minado & Lembeh a bit longer boat ride away is icing on the cake - and that is a damn good wedding cake too.

My second choice for a diving honeymoon in this hemisphere would be Bali though finding the right spot for a honeymoon & diving might be a little tougher. The best places with easy access to diving may not be the best romantic type place you want for your honeymoon and vice versa. You should be able to find a good compromise though that fits your needs.

almitywife:
oh your good...........

but, what if new hubby gets in the bad books for going cheap for 10 nights in the first place :wink:

http://www.uepi.com/

Hey, I am French...:eyebrow:

This is actually how my girlfriend and I like to travel, it's not so much about traveling cheap, it's more about avoiding the "big tourist super resort / disney land " type of place. We like to "blend in" with the culture as much as we can... best way to experience a country and the people that live in it. But we do like to finish it up pampered, spoiled, doing nothing but enjoy each other... We only live once.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom