Need a Teacher for BP/W setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No they're not.
Yea they are.
No, they are not.
I plead sleep deprivation and confused the nos and yeses; somehow I missed stairman’s response and thought that JeffG was responding to me, plus I didn’t turn on my brain (I'm familliar with JeffG’s position on this stuff and this wouldn’t have made sense for him to be stating that a BP&W is strictly technical gear).

So, I offer a specific apology to JeffG and I’ll try to not miss intervening replies next time. Carry on, I’ll just hide over in the corner for awhile… :)

Roak

So, I offer a specific apology to JeffG and I’ll try to not miss intervening replies next time. Carry on, I’ll just hide over in the corner for awhile… :)

Roak

LOL...No worries. It not like I haven't misread something and posted....oh no...not me. :wink:

Jared,
Here are a couple of sites to look at and read. There are some pictures of a rigged backplate in there. Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers
Equipment | Global Underwater Explorers If you ordered Diverite equipment, backplate rigging instructions come with the harness(I think).
I dive a fair amount at Chatfield and Aurora Res. If you have rigging problems we can meet and you can look at my equipment.

Hi,
Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that. I'm waiting for my stuff to arrive then plan on hitting up Chatfield.

Hey Jared,

PM me, and I can hook you up and help out. CharlieO can as well. Maybe we ALL need to meet a Chatfield, and do an early evening dive!

I dive a BP/W for cold water, but in WWW type of diving, I just use my Travel BC (Zeagle Stiletto).

I don't think ANYONE needs to dive a BP/W using singles unless their desire is to get some weight off the belt. AnyWho, PM me if you need some help, or want to dive! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom