Need advice: ATX100 or ATX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only difference between the ATX 200 and the 100 is reduced bulk in the second stage on the 200. Some people actually liked the extra bulk on the 100's, but for recreational divers complaining of jaw fatigue, they slimmed down the 2nd on the 200.

I dont prefer the DS4's on account of the swivels, but thats just a personal preference.

Martini - I'm afraid you're incorrect on this issue, as well. There's no difference in the second stages between the Apeks line, except for heat exchanges, external adjustments, etc... There is a TX series and an ATX series, and the ATX second stages are smaller. For example, the only difference between an ATX50 and an ATX200 second stage is primarily cosmetic. In fairness, you're probably comparing a TX100 with an ATX 200.

And DS4's DON'T have swivels. Do not. DST's do.

Maybe it's just the power of suggestion... but I have my ATX200 as a primary 2nd stage and ATX50 as my alternative and I can tell right away that it's "easier to breathe" using ATX200. But maybe it's just what I mentioned at the beginning.
Good luck.

I'd rather be diving now.:14:

I use the atx 200, one down fall I found out was here at Lake Powell the sun deformed the front the the second stage and caused the reg to free flow on me. After beening repaired and keeping it out of the sun I love this reg its a hot rod in deep dives and works great in silty conditions.

Well I definately have to agree with what has already been mentioned here. I think you would best served by looking at the atx 50/dst or possibly ds4 depending on whether or not you want the turret. You will get significant savings and again as already mentioned have pretty much the exact same performance.

I actually own and use 2 atx 200's and 4 atx 50/dst's and 1 ds4. I find no discernable difference in their performance even at depth. They also all use the exact same rebuild kit which makes locating parts very easy. It should also give you an idea of how similar they are internally.

Good Luck Dive Safe

I use a 200 as well, I chose it for it's hose routing and port configuration. While they are in-fact very similar in performance and delivery, the main difference between them all is the house routing.

200's rock! Get a complete set with a 50 octo....it is expensive but you have the rest of your life to figure out how to get air out of that tank and in your lungs....it is just money.

My 2 cents,, Save your money, and consider a DST , and 2, ATX50's I doubt you could tell any dif. in performance, and there bullit proof, less $!! you win.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom