need different fins...need opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fins are a very personal choice. As you can see everyone has their favourites, but the reality is that some of these fins may not be the best choice for you. Take a look at this report made regarding different fins, I think it will help you narrow the fins you might want to try.

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/instruct/grier/fins.html

Then you really need to try some different fins to see which one will work best for you.

One thing that you should be WELL aware of that I don't think anyone mentioned is that the fins NEED to fit snug. Not tight but not flopping around either. I don't care if you have blades or splits, it will give you cramps after awhile. You might try buying a bigger shoe or a harder soled one that will take up the extra room. Having loose fitting fins robs you of power and control.

I have had the same problems with my Quatros if I try and wear a dive sock with them instead of a harder solded boot. Cramps and tired calves after a dive and not able to control them as I should.

We can all tell you to try our own preferences of fins but it may be just as simple to try a different type of boot and that is much cheaper if that is the case. Your fins are not my first choice but they are good fins and many people love them.

Apollo Bios are the best fins availible IMO.

But, you know, if the current is even 2 knots, you can't go against it and no fin will change that. I think you may be trying to swim upstream...literally. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom