need emergency dive op recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think that by now the OP has solved their problem.
Since we have beaten fills to death, the OP did mention 'valet' operation. Shouldn't we resurrect the infamous 'who handles wetsuits' discussion?

Gary since I don't wear one I don't need that service. Best leave that out of here.

LoL - Yes lets go THERE instead!

68744082.jpg

FWIW, Blue Angel has their own fill station, and when I was there last month every tank was 3000#.

FWIW, Blue Angel has their own fill station, and when I was there last month every tank was 3000#.

Maybe I missed something, but all my nitrox from the Merry-D has always been 3k and change? They only stick you on the 100CF AL air.

Maybe I missed something, but all my nitrox from the Merry-D has always been 3k and change? They only stick you on the 100CF AL air.
You quoted me but I don't see where what you said related to what I said.

You quoted me but I don't see where what you said related to what I said.

Maybe I misunderstood you? When you said:

I assumed you were saying that BA had that going for them in comparison to someone else. I was wondering who doesn't fill to 3000 regularly in 80 and making the point the biggest filler on the island hits 3000 all the time pretty much.

Did I No entiendo?

Maybe I misunderstood you? When you said:

I assumed you were saying that BA had that going for them in comparison to someone else. I was wondering who doesn't fill to 3000 regularly in 80 and making the point the biggest filler on the island hits 3000 all the time pretty much.

Did I No entiendo?
I wasn't touting it in comparison to anyone else, just submitting a data point.

They are not frequently mentioned on this forum, but I have had good experiences with Deep Exposure.
Mostly experienced divers on their boats.

wow - i was surprised to get home, check the thread, and see that it bloomed!
as mentioned in the original post, this was a last minute trip, and it left me no time to get on the cozumel program. i'm grateful that aldora was able to accommodate me without notice. it was my first time in cozumel, and diving with a (big) steel tank as well. i enjoyed both. the cost was much more than i'm used to paying (i'm active on the philippines forum), but minute for dive minute probably not exceptionally so. if it's in budget, and you want the extended dive time, i can recommend them. enjoyed the long dives, enjoyed diving without weight, and appreciated that they have boats and/or dive masters dedicated to skill set. also appreciated that i could hang back, rely on my own computer, and do my own thing with the camera, which sometimes means swimming in place, without interfering with anyone else's dive.
as for the 'who handles the wetsuit' problem - they don't touch it. that's not an issue, but they don't store it over night either. luckily i was staying in a small condo building and could rinse it myself and hang it in a tree to mostly drip and dry before bringing it in for the night. an inconvenience, but not a deal breaker under the circumstances.
thank you all for being so willing to help with quick advice! it saved a few dives at least.
r

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom