need emergency dive op recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xrcjdx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
good morning from cozumel. this is a last minute trip that didn't come together until the day before i left home. managed to do some quick research here first and was in contact with tres pelicanos, but wasn't able to send the deposit in before i left. did manage to not forget anything of importance in the dive kit, though. i think. i stopped at tres pelicanos this morning and good on 'em, they are unable to accommodate my needs this week (morning dives, trying to be fair to my non-diving partner), but they 'might' be able to get me on some afternoon dives. so i got that going for me.
besides not needing and not wanting a padi 5 star, valet service, or anything that reeks of that, here''s my wish list:
a competent locally owned dive op that doesn't under fill tanks that accommodates frequent and experienced divers with a minimum of hand holding that does not hesitate to dive more advanced locations. that's it. is it too much to ask? my other option is to walk the street and throw a dart, but thought i would try here first.
thanks,
xrc

Last edited:
Aldora, Blue XT Sea, Blue Angel, Dive with Martin. Pelagic Ventures, Challenge Diving all come to mind quickly but there are lots more.

@cocopo: thanks, i'm on it.

Aldora has 9 small fast boats with group size 6 or less, all with individualized service in respect to skill. We have openings all week.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

good morning from cozumel. this is a last minute trip that didn't come together until the day before i left home. managed to do some quick research here first and was in contact with tres pelicanos, but wasn't able to send the deposit in before i left. did manage to not forget anything of importance in the dive kit, though. i think. i stopped at tres pelicanos this morning and good on 'em, they are unable to accommodate my needs this week (morning dives, trying to be fair to my non-diving partner), but they 'might' be able to get me on some afternoon dives. so i got that going for me.
besides not needing and not wanting a padi 5 star, valet service, or anything that reeks of that, here''s my wish list:
a competent locally owned dive op that doesn't under fill tanks that accommodates frequent and experienced divers with a minimum of hand holding that does not hesitate to dive more advanced locations. that's it. is it too much to ask? my other option is to walk the street and throw a dart, but thought i would try here first.
thanks,
xrc
Add Living Underwater to the list.

Try Aldora...Memo'll let you go........:)

Most of the shops listed (and most of the shops on the island in general) do not fill their own tanks, so with a very small number of exceptions the part about not underfilling tanks is not within their control.

In terms of diving "more advanced sites" and "minimum hand-holding", those are usually going to depend on their direct observations of a diver rather than what that diver reports about their skill level. I've been diving with the same divemaster/instructor for over a decade. He's one of my very best friends. Each member of my family has several hundred Cozumel dives with him. Nevertheless, if we haven't been diving with him for a couple of months he's just not going to take us to, say, Maracaibo (where I've dived with him 2 dozen times in the last couple of years) the first day out. Let them see you dive and if you can handle a site most places will enthusiastically take you there.

Looks as if you already have a response from a highly-regarded shop that should be able to meet all your requirements (including that they are one of the very few places that fill their own tanks).

We have been using Sea Robin lately and have only good to say about them.....Allan and eduardo should be able to accommodate you.......

We have been using Sea Robin lately and have only good to say about them.....Allan and eduardo should be able to accommodate you.......

Eduardo is a great DM and a really nice guy. I still wonder why Sea Robin doesn't get more mentions here.

Back
Top Bottom