NEED HELP Suunto Vyper Air VS Galilio Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwashburn

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am in the market for a dive comp. Want a wrist mount, wireless air and a digital compass. I really like both units. I know the luna is a little bigger than the Vyper Air, but that is not a problem. What really makes this a hard choice is that I can get the Vyper Air at 25% off MSRP with no sales tax. Luna I can not. Anyone use either of these and able to give me a brief review or suggestion?

I am in the market for a dive comp. Want a wrist mount, wireless air and a digital compass. I really like both units. I know the luna is a little bigger than the Vyper Air, but that is not a problem. What really makes this a hard choice is that I can get the Vyper Air at 25% off MSRP with no sales tax. Luna I can not. Anyone use either of these and able to give me a brief review or suggestion?

Scubastore was advertising the Luna w/transmitter for 620 Euro in December, and I managed to get one at that price. But they were obviously having difficulty getting stock and currently don't seem to be listing them anymore. If you're not in a hurry to buy, you might want to watch their site to see if they get some more. I haven't dived with the Luna yet (my next trip is planned for February) so I can't give you any useful info or compare it to the Vyper or Vytec. So far, all I can say is that I like the interface and display, and it works well in computer mode :-^).

Regards, John

I have the Suunto Vyper Air and I love it. Have not used the Luna, but i Love my Suunto.

With the Luna youwill have no problems with connection to the TX and IF it does drop it's connection it will be for a few seconds and then it will reconnect UNDERWATER unlike the Suunto.
Also when using the compass you still get basic dive information under the compass.
I was torn between the two computers but after talking to MANY people I went for the Luna. VERY HAPPY.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom