NEED INFO! Diving in Roatan, Grand Cayman, & Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on Valor this last summer and took the same cruise itinerary.

GC: I used Off The Wall. I dived with them twice before. Excellent operation and great pick-up service.
Belize: Use Hugh Parkey. They are the Carnival ship excursion operator. They pick you up at the ship and drop you off. That's way important as you anchor about 5 miles off shore. Its really a good dive operation and I'd use them if I were doing a land baed trip. They go to Turnafe and dive good sites.
Cozumel, I've used half a dozen different operations over the years. For sure Pelagic Dive had to be the most customer oriented and easy to get along with. They are small and don't even have a store front but they got a good "fast boat", a great owner and a great dive master.

For Roatan you could use Anthony Keys but they take you to an over-dived location just outside their bay. There are others who are noted in these and other threads that provide a more personalized experience.

Don

Exactly where , when and which cruise ship "docked" in Grand Cayman? Unless I am totally mistaken all cruise ships tender in Grand Cayman.

We were on the carnival legand... that was in 08 so maybe things have changed...the only stop that was tendered was Belize and we did our dive booked through boat and they picked us up at ship.

I was on the Legend Western Carri bean itinerary last spring (2009). We tendered in Grand Cayman and Belize. Everywhere else we docked.

Thanks to all of you for your help. mwah mwah (XX) Maybe we could start a thread for a group rate on a cruise ship next spring and get a personal dive boat for each stop depending on how many we can get to book on same ship. I saw this cruise as a way to dive in 4 great diving meccas. Eat, Dive, Sleep, DIVE DIVE YES!!!! To fly to each place would be more Julia Roberts than Ric and Taz. Sooooo anyone want to see about getting a group rate on a cruise line and one that goes to dive areas, not shopping meccas. We want to dive as much as possible. Someday we'll do a live aboard but now this 4 stop exotic western seems to give us a chance to dive, dive, and dive again.

Thanks for all your posts. Anyone on the Legend 4/10-17 write me.

Keep the recommendations coming.

Thanks, Taz:jester:
'

Sooooo anyone want to see about getting a group rate on a cruise line and one that goes to dive areas, not shopping meccas. We want to dive as much as possible. Someday we'll do a live aboard but now this 4 stop exotic western seems to give us a chance to dive, dive, and dive again.
If you want to join a scuba cruise already being arranged, look here:
Cruise Critic Message Boards

I dove Roatan and Belize in 2008. I used the ship excursions for both. Roatan was with Anthonys Key; we dove White Hole and Outhouse. Belize was with Hugh Parkeys and we dove Amberhead and Creekozeen Cut. All were nice dives with a lot of marine life to see. There were 10-12 people on each dive, so it wasn't too crowded.
I usually dive through the cruise line because I don't want to take the chance of getting left behind.
On our next cruise we'll be in Nassau til 10:00 so I'll book it through the dive operator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom