Need input on Pulau Redang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roser

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question I really need an answer to by the end of the week. What is diving like around Pulau Redang during the end of January/beginning of February? I read that what is considered to be 'peak' is several months later. Two years ago, I visited Langkawi during the same season and the condition of the water was dreadful. Not even 6 inches of visibility.

I am anticipating a two-week trip to Malaysia during Chinese New year, which starts January 29th. My fiancée is Malaysian and she is going to visit her family during the holiday. I am going to join her if there is any decent diving to be had, and Pulau Redang is the place I really want to go.

She needs to know by Friday so she can fix her vacation schedule.

I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thank you

Hi roser,

Generally, P. Redang has much better dive sites than P.Langkawi. Unfortunately, Chinese New Year falls within the monsoon season where it rain pretty often and sea condition is rather choppy due to the north east wind from South China Sea. You may want to check with the resort there to see if they are open btw Nov and Feb.

You may want to explore either Sipadan in Sabah(East Malaysia) instead if time permits. Alternatively, Bali is another option to consider despite the recent news.

Dive Safe,
EZ

I agreed with Diveon..it is a monsoon season on the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia.This include Perhentian Island, Redang Island and Tioman.I dont think there will be any diving from Nov till late Feb.Well...at least not that i'm aware of.

Since you are going to be in Malaysia, i'd rather suggest you check out in Sipadan or Mabul.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom