Need recommendations for our summer dive trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are lots of great ops on the island. There is a recent thread called "best concierge cozumel dive op" you might find helpful.

Look fors: Does an op have an analyzer on EVERY boat? What are the different departure times? How big are the boats? How do they group divers on each boat? What kind of tanks do they use? (Some concierge style ops use steel and you need to decide if you are comfortable with a steel 100 or 120)

My experience has been that most people call a concierge op a "valet op." They take care of all of your gear with the exception of maybe your neoprene. One op even hangs your suit up for you on a hanger during the SI.
I like that, Valet service? any recommendations?

Is it true average dives are 78 minutes?? What if there's an air hog? Any places to stay on the north end that are not all inclusive or time share hounds in the lobby? Something on the ocean side of the island not a tourist trap, we want to relax with a pool. I know we're asking for so much but it's not everyday we got to dive Cozumel...
Are you saying that if it's only me and one other diver you will still take us out?

Location in town - check. They drive from the shop (coincidentally located next to the hospital / chamber!) to the caleta, and the boats can pick up people from piers at some hotels south of the caleta. The map shown on their website was milding confusing... they show a walking route from the shop to the waterfront - it's for the ferry terminal, not the marina / caleta where the boats are kept

They have a few 100s - I used them.

Nitrox - check.

Two different fast boats (the Skinny Shark and the Loan Shark), not sure about capacity - maybe 10 per boat?
No idea what size BCs they have, but Jeanie will be able to give you the details.
Jeanie handles the email, reservations, etc, and she's awesome.

I kept my regulators with me, but they dealt with everything else when we got off the boat ("valet service".)

When I was diving with my daughter (college aged) they did a good job of quietly evaluating our skill levels on the first dive and put us on the boats and with the appropriate DM. I was really pleased with both the DMs we dove with.

Scuba Diving Cozumel -Dive Packages-Top Rated Cozumel Dive Shop

I hope you have a great trip!

Abby,
Go with Aldora, they will take care of you and your group.

For a place to stay, Villa las Anclas, or Villa Escondida if you want to enjoy Margda's Yucatecan gourmet breakfast every morning.

Have fun, enjoy and for dinner, try Jacinta's. It's one of the best restaurants in town.
Cheers.

Just got back from Cozumel last Saturday. We had a group of 32 and we stayed at Blue Angel. It's the second big group I have taken there. The next time I go I'll stay there again as it's now my go to spot on the island. A number of SB folks like staying there. Reasonable price, great food, and great dive operation.
It was great meeting you and the six Davids! Maybe we'll cross paths again some time.

PM me your email address, OK? I'd like to stay in touch, and Carol and I might be interested in joining you guys for a trip some time.

PM on the way! Is way great meeting you guys and would love to have you join us anytime. Or maybe if you are too old to join us you can stay at home and you mom could join us!!!!!!!!

Ashley

Abby,

For a place to stay, Villa las Anclas, or Villa Escondida if you want to enjoy Margda's Yucatecan gourmet breakfast every morning.

Have fun, enjoy and for dinner, try Jacinta's. It's one of the best restaurants in town.
Cheers.
I have stayed at Villa Las Anclas years ago and loved the suite and right near the Plaza.. I have not heard of the others do they have a website?
Thanks so much!

Abby,

Cheers.
Where is Jacintas?

It was great meeting you and the six Davids! Maybe we'll cross paths again some time.

PM me your email address, OK? I'd like to stay in touch, and Carol and I might be interested in joining you guys for a trip some time.
Love that location. How long are your bottom times? Can we get steel 120's? THANKS!!! Awesome review

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom