Need replacement part for Dacor BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwalko

Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has a suggestion.

I have a Dacor Enduro BCD. This weekend, I noticed that the inflator was acting strange...it was inflating very slowly.

So, I disassembled the inflator valve. Upon inspection, there was a slight bit of corrosion, which I cleaned. When reassembling, the very small "O" ring on the needle valve somehow got pushed inside the needle valve (this is the valve that looks like the valve on your car tires).

Any idea where I can get any replacement parts for Dacor? I sent an email to their office in CT, but no response yet. I would just like to buy the needle valve, but would consider the whole inflator assembly if necessary.

Thanks;

John Walko

Hi John,

The part you are looking for is #47200013 and it is in stock. It can be ordered through any authorized dealer.

Could you tell me who you sent the email to?

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Mintz:
Hi John,

The part you are looking for is #47200013 and it is in stock. It can be ordered through any authorized dealer.

Could you tell me who you sent the email to?

Thanks,

Phil

Phil:

Thanks for the reply. I checked the dacor web site, and it referrs users to what it calls the North American Head in CT. The email address is tech@maresdacor.com.

Any chance you know who an authorized dealer is in the Cincinnati, OH area? My LDS is not a dealer for Dacor or Mares.

John Walko

John,

Thanks, I will check to see why that address is not getting through, it is this feedback that helps us improve.

Try
SCUBA UNLIMITED
513-793-4747

8966 BLUE ASH ROAD
CINCINNATI, OH 45242

You could also give Jerry @ Scuba Tech a try. He has helped me with some old Dacor parts. I will drop you a PM with his email.

You could always try your luck at a good local shop - I used to have a Dacor BC and when the inflator got damaged they pulled the same one right that had a different problem right out of their parts bin and did a mind meld. (Charged me all of $5.)

Phil,

Great job with customer service for Dacor (a less-emphasized Head line, I would suppose), even though you're the Mares guru and not necessarily the Dacor product manager.

:D

Thanks, just trying to help were I can.

I think I have finally found the right forum. I have the same problem it seems as many. My dacor sportster inflator valve is broken, I removed it and need a new one. I found the dacor dealers phone number in Connecticut and have yet to call them. Is this the best way to get this replacement part. I live in Staten Island, NY. Phil Mintz seems like a really helpful person in this area. Thanks, Robert B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom