Need ScubaPro Air2 deflator button

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mphelps

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
While cleaning my Air2, 3rd generation, I overtightened the nut on the deflator button and snapped off the post at the threaded part. Where can I order just the deflator button and post? My local dive shop wants to charge me a minimum bench rate plus an arm and a leg for an entire parts kit for what should be 2 minutes of work. I am more than capable of replacing this myself, just need the part.
Thanks, Air2 deflator button.jpg

I suggest you try another LDC if the one you are working with does not meet your needs. We only sell parts through our Authorized Service centers.

We have very limited dive shops in the state of SD. Just hoping that someone that runs a service center would see this posting and contact me to sell me the part I need.
My contact info is: barefootdiver2000@yahoo.com if anyone wants to contact me direct and not post on the site. Thanks.

I suggest you try another LDC if the one you are working with does not meet your needs. We only sell parts through our Authorized Service centers.

Under Scubapro's dealer agreement is "another LDC" even allowed to sell this part to the customer or will he have to pay the shop to install the part?

Any decent business should get the part and install it for a nominal charge. I don't mind paying a couple bucks for someone's time, but to charge me a minimum $45 bench rate and an annual service fee, when I just need to replace one piece and tighten a nut is absurd.

I'm a certified rescue diver and taking my master and instructor courses. I've probably done more dives and know more about maintaining my own gear more than many of the chumps working at dive shops. In my opinion, it's no different than going to NAPA to get an oil filter but they tell you that you are not allowed to buy one or change your own oil because you are not a certified mechanic. I can get killed just as easy in a car as I could scuba diving.

mphelps Welcome to the scuba pro world.

Found a dive shop in CA that mailed me the part free of charge! Put it in last night and am good to go.
Won't mention the name of the shop so they don't have any issues, but if I'm ever in CA I'll make sure to stop in to that shop.

Glad you got your part. It is sad that the shop had to do it covertly There should be a way to buy non critical components with out paying a high service fee. It is to bad that your local shop did not see this as a way to win a customer

I agree. But I'm sure ScubaPro would say that every part is critical.
And I can see their point, they want to avoid a lawsuit if someone does put something together wrong and gets killed diving. But something simple like a button and a nut is a no brainer. Just make me sign a waiver or something and sell me the parts.

If a button and a nut is such a no-brainer, do tell why/how you broke yours? :troll: I kid, I know they're very easy to break :coffee:

A while back a guy on the dive boat had a leaking air2 that he had taken apart himself to clean and assembled incorrectly - he'd put the o-ring under the washer on exhaust button. Luckily it's an easy fix and the boat has tools on board.

Tip received from him on that charter: $0 - next time he can sit out :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom