Need some assistance identifying 2 vintage scubapro sets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need some assistance identifying 2 vintage scubapro sets... what are they?

Set #1 is:
set1stage.JPG

set1reg.JPG

Set #2 is:
set2stage.JPG

set2reg.JPG

All i know about it is: The original owner said he bought it in 1977 for a trip to the San Juans. He claimed that they were the top of the line models in that year and that he last used them in 1985, only using it for a handful of dives.

I'm currently selling them on ebay, but I'd like some assistance to identify those sets. Thank you.

they both look like well used MK5's .... worth about $50 each (service and repair parts could run over $100 a piece .... better off to purchase a new MK2/R190 at LeasurePro for $159.95

Those were common in the late 70s and early 80s. Not exactly vintage age (pre 75) but they were good regs during their day. You know, I may eat my words later but if it does not have two hoses on it then it is probably not worth investing money in it as it will never have much value. Maybe I am wrong. A few odd single hoses may have some value inn the future but common ones like that probably not. N

Yep, that's a Mk 5. It also has the 3000 PSI yoke. Older versions were not rated that high, they were designed for the steep 72 tanks pressures. Newer ones, or older ones that got upgraded, were made to handle the higher pressures that became common as the 80AL tanks became widely used.

I still dive one that I bought in 1978, it's my only reg. Breaths good.

A MK V is my newest reg, wouldn't trade it for anything made today.

Thanks but no thanks, to new and to few hoses, lol. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom