Need some Help - Median Strap removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlynch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, So I finally got my Meridian back (thank you) and I need to remove the pins that hold n the strap to replace it with a nylon one. The stock rubber strap is very nice but comes out of the keeper on dives and is barely long enough for a drysuit with thick undergarments. The techs tried today to remove the pin, but no luck, I've tried in the past. I need to know the trick or the tool to get it done. they are an authorized tech center (Airtech scuba services) If you let me know the tool they need I can ask them to get one. Thanks

Ok everyone - i finally did it.
Step 1) Order the pin tool above (it was $11 shipped)
Step 2) get a vice with a soft pad (home depot or otherwise) this may not be necessary but its what i did.
Step 3) use the large tip included with the kit.
Step 4) locate the splinted side of the Pin - This is the side that DOES NOT have the dimple on it. Very important.
Step 5) gently tap out the pin with a hammer and the tool - Gently!! it does not take a lot after you get it moving.
Step 6) Leave the pin in - only remove it enough to get the strap off.
Step 7) feed the pin back in and Push (using the tool and your hand only) the Pin back in to place.
Step 8) tap it gently secure using the Vice and a soft hammer. Do not over do it.
Step 9) Repeat for other side (flipping the watch over)
Step 10) install your new strap - i used a velcro "The Band" strap b/c it secures both pins incase one lets go and its easy to put on a drysuit. But I will also try one other nylon straps as well that i have (SS hardware diving strap etc.)

Hope that helps

I need help

I bring back the old threat, the links for the tools are not working? which pin pushers sizes 0.80mm and 1.00mm I need;

Step 4) locate the splinted side of the Pin - This is the side that DOES NOT have the dimple on it. Very important.

this was not very easy to find that out ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom