Need the Best bang for buck dive computer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys. ...

I'm new to scuba board. I live near Philly.
Getting PADI certified in a month. ..I have done confined dives in a pool now with PADI training ongoing.

Right now. ... I'm going to Bonaire with my dive club in a month. ....a week's stay in a dive resort.

Please suggest the best bang for the buck dive computer there is. I prefer the cheap and best. ...doesn't have to connect to my tank. A wrist watch type would be great. But since I'm new I'm open for advice.

Please give me the model and where to buy? Can i buy used?
:D
Thanks Much
Kris

Please give me the model and where to buy? Can i buy used?
:D
Thanks Much
Kris
Hi Kris,

The Uwatec XP-10 by Scubapro/Subgear is an excellent dive computer.

Please checkout the PM that I sent you.

Hi Kris,
I'm new on here too, but I did use the Uwatec XP-10 that beaverdiver has messaged you about and its very simple to use. That being said, it's the bigger bulkier wrist style out there. I just finished deliberating over ScubaPro's Meridian and Oceanic's Atom 3.1 and settled on the Atom after speaking to some friends and reading the few limited reviews of both. Both seem to be very powerful PDC's and for me it came down to the current offer of the free Integrated Air Transmitter special they have running right now. All I can say is best of luck, everyone has their preferences and I suggest downloading the PDF manuals to the ones you are interested in and read through the set ups and menu flows to see what is going to seem logical to you..granted not all the settings will be familiar to you, but the basic interface flow should be simple to understand.
good luck

Take a look at the IST GP4000. I just bought one and I'm waiting to get my hands on it to go playing. TDL has them on sale right now for a penny under 300.00. Bruce

I had an Aeris Epic for a couple of years and it was always ready to go, never had a problem wit and you can wear it everywhere like a watch. The Atom is just like it, so it would be good too. The only reason I turned it loose was I got Galileo Sol.

Hollis DG03 ($249) with DSS bungee mount ($19)

You cannot go wrong.

+1 on the Hollis DG03 or the DG02. It can got with you if you ever decide to do tec dives, it can also be used as a bottom timers.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Just about any current computer that has AIR/NITROX/Gauge modes will be fine for a beginner.
If it has those modes you won't outgrow it too quickly.

If you later find yourself looking at multiple mix dives and deco... Well lets just say a new computer will be the least of the expenses.

Mares Puck might suit - around $200 online.

Edit: Just saw chrpai's suggestion - looks good if your budget will stretch to that and +1 to the bungee mount option

Back
Top Bottom