Need your help! Wrist/Watch Computers.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you know you like a Suunto, why not buy a Suunto? I like my D9. As best as I can tell, the D6 is the same computer, minus the gas integration. Leisurepro is advertising it for $775, but they don't actually have any to sell. The D4 is on sale for $434; again though, they don't have any to sell. When you step down to the D4 you lose the digital compass and the multi-gas capability--you probably won't miss either feature. I'd buy the D4 (Available with black, blue, yellow or pink straps!) and a separate compass if you need one. You'll want the Suunto Dive Manager logging software and download kit--which is just an overpriced cable; they should cost about $75 together.

I dive with 2 computers. An Aladin Console (air integrated) and a Cressi Eddy 2 wrist mount. I Love the Eddy. That's what I'd personally point anyone towards. It's Nice and low profile, easy to use, easy to set up, and Stylish. I wear mine out of the water when I go out. I think they run for about 400-550 depending on where you look. And if you dive Nitrox (or want to someday) it's really easy to set up.

Again it's the Cressi Eddy 2
Hope I helped :)

My wife and I are really happy with our Oceanic Geos. We got the new style (mine is dark gray, hers is yellow and black) for the cost of the old style from LeisurePro, who is an authorized dealer (beware other non-authorized dealers selling on eBay or Amazon).

I have no problem with the software. It's basic, but that doesn't bother me (I was not impressed at first). There is other software available - very inexpensive - that will import the data from the Oceanic software after you've downloaded the data from your PDC.

The GEO manual and another PDC Safety Guide (very handy) are available free on Oceanic's web site if you want to check them out before you buy.

If you have a Mac, Macdive is free software that works with pretty much the entire Oceanic/Aeris line: Oceanic Geo/DataMask/VT3/Atom 2.0, Aeris Epic/Manta/Elite T3/CompuMask. You will still have to purchase an expensive Oceanic/Aeris download cable, though.

Not to mention Oceanic sucks, have had nothing but problems from every one of their computers I owned.

Not to mention Oceanic sucks, have had nothing but problems from every one of their computers I owned.
@contender: Care to elaborate? Specifically which models have you owned? I suspect that you have had some dealings with Oceanic Customer Service. Perhaps sharing your story will help the OP make a more informed decision.

Gotta love it when a person disparages an entire company because of a handful of bad experiences.

The company "sucks" because you had a few problems?

Well you know what? Oceanic doesn't suck because I've got a VT Pro and I couldn't be happier with it.

Maybe you don't take proper care of your gear, maybe you just had some bad luck. Doesn't mean it's ALL bad.

I kind of know where he is coming from though. I normally don't give people second chances if I buy a lemon from them.

Happy with my D9, but it is probably more of a computer (and more of price tag) than you need. I would have thought a second hand D6 or a D4 should do you nicely.

I hear good things about the GEO and I also hear good things about the Atom, although it might be pushing your price tag a bit.

If you're not going to "trust" the air integration feature of a dive computer then why bother spending the extra money on it? Just get the non-air-integrated version and save a bunch of money.

If you're not going to "trust" the air integration feature of a dive computer then why bother spending the extra money on it? Just get the non-air-integrated version and save a bunch of money.

I totally missed this in the Ops post and yeah that's a very good question.

To take it one step further, if you're not going to trust one piece of gear from a reputable scuba equipment manufacturer, to the point that you'd "go crazy from not trusting it", then why look at your regulator any differently? That thing could crap out too...followed by the alternate air source just when you need it most..or your BCD low pressure inflator could stick and you could become a missle before and even if you could get it unhooked..or your tank valve could fail and you'd be a human bomb...or your dive knife might develop a rusty blade just when that barracuda comes in for the kill, or your camera could fail just as that mermaid sweeps in for the kiss...etc..etc..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom