Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I were out $4000, I'd be planning a short vacation down in Florida right when my small claims case was scheduled. To me it would be worth spending a few hundred dollars to get back thousands. Not to mention the satisfaction of winning.

Thanks everyone.

I hope I get to go but I'm not holding my breath. If I can't go, I'll just stay in Florida and do some diving in the oil spill.:D

Thanks everyone.

I hope I get to go but I'm not holding my breath. If I can't go, I'll just stay in Florida and do some diving in the oil spill.:D

I'm not shure which itinerary you were going to do, but if that oil hits the Gulf loop current, they may be "oil diving" on the bahamas itineraries!

If I were out $4000, I'd be planning a short vacation down in Florida right when my small claims case was scheduled. To me it would be worth spending a few hundred dollars to get back thousands. Not to mention the satisfaction of winning.

The problem is not winning the small claims case, but collecting the judgment. Its not hard for a slick loser to avoid paying up after court unless you can locate a stream of income. Considering the history it does not look promising for getting the money back.

They own the yard, vendors for parts would be another thing.

These boats are so different from others and there are only a couple of mechanics that can work on them. They have to be brought in when available and they are expensive. These boats may be nice dive platforms but they are maintenance nightmares. Most of the systems are older and failure prone. Some are not well designed which leads to unexpected problems. I don't think there is any chance they'll ever be back in service. When I was working for them, the chief engineer quit because the systems were just too far gone and he couldn't keep up with the on board maintenance. The owner was always taking short cuts and putting off major maintenance and that was 3 years ago. One time we needed a simple part but a temporary patch was done that ended up costing thousands of dollars and two days lost time.

The owner was always taking short cuts and putting off major maintenance and that was 3 years ago. One time we needed a simple part but a temporary patch was done that ended up costing thousands of dollars and two days lost time.

And they probably gave away some discounts or free trips for affected customers which further reduced revenue in the future. Hopefully everyone sees how the vicious cycle of neglect put them in the position they are in now. No trips running, no revenue.....

What GrumpyOldGuy said. Winning could be the easy part. The stories told already don't bode well for getting the cash.

And they probably gave away some discounts or free trips for affected customers which further reduced revenue in the future. Hopefully everyone sees how the vicious cycle of neglect put them in the position they are in now. No trips running, no revenue.....

...at the rate they're going, it's actually worse than "no trips running, no revenue" it's that there might be some trips running (expenses) and still no revenue, with all the commitments to free trips, each trip puts the company further into the RED!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom