Nemo Air/ PC interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that's disappointing. Is the Drak used for anything else, like computer software updates? Maybe I'll return it and use the credit towards something I'll actually be using vs it sitting in the closet waiting for them to figure it all out.

Thanks for the info Perry.

MtnPlayVA,

For a while there I was getting to like the Air more each time I dove it, now I am getting to like it less and have stopped diving with it. I have stopped using it for teaching and will likely stop using it for general diving. I cannot tell the students that they should purchase a piece of equipment that was not supported at release and continues to be incomplete and unsupported. I will probably give up waiting for Mares to allow us to register and download the Air and just return the Air, compass, and DRAK in a couple of weeks. My local dive shop has a Mares BCD in my size that I should purchase for use in the confined water portions of my classes but I am unwilling to show the Mares label to the students.

Perry

Perry,

Sorry the interface is not ready to go. They are working on it and it will be done. Like I mentioned previously, all intentions were to have the software complete by the launch date of the computer. We experienced some challenges in another area which promted a last minute shift of time and resources. I am not going into details, but it simply delayed the release / completion of the Nemo Air software. This was not intentional just a fact of life. I know you are an intelligent person, and avid consumer of electronics and can appreciate these things happen. We have built a solid computer, does not fail in the field, does everything one could ask, and we will have the software to download shortly. Sorry for all that have to wait. In the mean time Perry if you are interested I would be more than happy to loan you a Puck 3 gauge, 2gauge, or wrist unit until the software is available. While it is not air integrated it does everything else, in addition to downloading. Let me know if you would like to take advantage of this offer.

Perry, I can understand the frustration of not downloading. I do not understand your anger at us. If we did not communicate, or the store left you hanging, then yes. However we have been here to discuss this from day one. I am offering you a loaner of another computer. I don't know what else to do. I find it frustrating that you are intentionally making a point to "not show the brand" to future divers because of one delay in a software release for a computer. Sounds a little extreme to me. I hope to help you and perhaps change your mind. We are not the evil company, that should be hid in the closet. In fact I think by our support of this board shows just the opposite.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
I too own a anchor which is nothing more than that.
I didnt pay this kind of money for it not to work and I do recomend that this is the support I have gotten from MARES ZILCH NOTTA nothing just that its coming. At first I was told before DEMA then right after DEMA and now ??????? dont know what think I know that the warrenty should be extended
Its been almost four months now that I had it

COME ON MARES GET OFF THE POT AND FINISH THE JOB
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Zak,

Thanks for the offer of a loaner computer until Mares can finish producing the Air. I am going to decline the offer; as you stated, the options were non-air integrated which really does not work for me. It has been six months since you sold me the computer (July - December) and I still cannot register it with Mares. I am afraid that the warranty is going to run out before I have the opportunity to even start it.

Please work with James at Underwater Sports (Seattle) to make good on his offer of August 19th to upgrade the Air to a Cobra. You can call me at 425-844-9936 or message me here or at pvcole@verizon.net when my Cobra is in. I have the receipts and packaging for the Air, DRAK, and compass and will deliver them to UWS Kirkland for transfer to the Seattle store.

Thanks,

Perry

Zak - how do I find out if my Nemo Air got registered? I was under the impression that the dive shop sent that in with my regulator registration. Any update on the software? I've got a few dives on there that I really don't want to lose.

Thanks,
Julie

Do you have any new news on a date for the software to be released. Also, do you know how many dives the Nemo Air can hold before they start falling out of the logbook? I'm up to 10 already since I bought it.

Also, I'm not real happy with the hose protector at both ends of the hose, they both slide uncontrolled to the middle of the hose during dives. Are there plans to fix this? Is there something I can do to prevent this? I was thinking about trying to get a thick O Ring to try to get under the protectors to see if that would help hold it in place but it seems like rigging I should not have to do!

Mr. X-Ray,

The Air manual has the number of dives or total number of minutes of computer memory (one or the other, I forget which). I have about 50 dives and don't think I have lost any yet.

Regarding the hose protectors - you might want to just wrap them with black electrical tape. I know it will look tacky but it is in character with the computer and it is easier than explaining why the hore protector is protecing the middle of the hose.

I do not suggest starting a help ticket with Mares to find out when the DRAK software will be available. I have posted the Mares support replies to my earlier tickets in this message string; my ticket of November has not yet been replied to. I get the feeling that Mares is getting tired of telling their customers that their interface is useless and will not be supported for an undetermined time.

I am sure that Mares is diligently working on writing the DRAK interface, acknowledging the AIR on the registration page, figuring out what diameter the hoses are so they can get the correct size protectors, and responding to the support tickets.

Perry

I spoke with Zac from Mares early this week and he said the interface will be done Mid-January. I'm really excited about that as right now I'm diving with 2 computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom