Nemo Air/ PC interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with the compass statement. If you don't hold it just right it does not read correctly! It is super sensative to the angle!

I like the computer but do not like the compass attached. I have a hard time holding it correctly since it is attached to the hose - it puts is at a weird angle so it gets stuck a lot. I think I would have rather had a plain compass - I think the cost is about the same. Of course, this could be all just me since I am terrible at navigation :)

The computer is easy to read and easy to use. I don't have anything to compare it to since it is all I've ever used but other than the compass and lack of software, I haven't had any problems.

Julie

I tried your suggestions, downloaded and installed the recent patch, and followed the support staff suggestions to force a COM port assignment and I still get the same error. The PC is correctly reporting finding the Drak interface, it is just no communicating with the Air.

You did try to change the COM Port already? Hmmmmm...... Are you starting communication on the Nemo Air> After it finds the Nemo Air via Com Port assignment you have to start you computer and go to menu 9 (I think) which is PC Link and then hit enter to start communication. Did you do this? What happens?

I tried your suggestions, downloaded and installed the recent patch, and followed the support staff suggestions to force a COM port assignment and I still get the same error. The PC is correctly reporting finding the Drak interface, it is just no communicating with the Air.

A lot of my initial complaits have been resolved or addressed here is what they say..... For the most part most of the things I don't like they aren't going to do anything about until after v. 1.x. If it took them several months to get to v 1.x how long will it take to get to v. 2.x?

Here's what support says:

>Here are a few items I am concerned with which may be related to only the
>Beta Version (I hope), or I can't figure out:

>1. You must have your PC's fonts set to small not large..... This really
>Sucks!

I don't say you need to reset your size to normal, but to set 120dpi in a differente way (creen Property->Settings->Advenced->General->Screen->Large (120dpi).)

>2. No import or export feature.
This function is not expected in DRAK 1.x

>3. No way to edit your dive #'s (No life existed before you got a Nemo Air?)
The # is demended to it's date. If need to modify it.

>4. Even after changing to Imperial measures (Non-Metric) the tank volumes
>etc are still in liters and liter/bar. So your consumption shows as lt/min.
>I live in the US, so I need cu/ft to have a clue!
This feature in in charge of setting up.

>5. Some of the selections in pull downs may not fit what you want to select
>so instead of giving you an option to add something they just give you
>another button. Example: Wetsuit selection are Wet Suit, Semi Dry Suit, Dry
>Suit, Other. Why not give me a X mm selection. I like to keep track of how
>thick my suit was 5mm, 3mm, .5mm etc. Let me add some options!

>6. The missing data from the end of the dives may just be that the program
>is cutting off the end of the dive. Apparently the software is not auto
>sizing the window correctly to display all the dive. I noticed a few dives
>that I "Never returned from".
Sorry but I don't understand this point. Could you be provide a screenshot with details ?

>7. They give you a nice display of your computer which you can't read unless
>you change to small fonts which I mentioned above. But you also can't click
>anything on it to change the info displayed. I'd like to be able to click
>the computer and change to see different info, like time and other info.

Best Regards.
--------------------------
Mares Software Support

Any update on the software being available to people other than the few beta testers?

Any updates on the software?

Hi all,

Here is the latest information I have regarding update for drak - Nemo Air PC download interface as of Fri 2/20/09.

• If you do not have any versions of Drak loaded on your PC you should download the Drak .140. FULL SET UP.
  • If you have a previous version of Drak interface on your PC you should download the Drak .140. UPGRADE
  • If you have any versions of the Drak BETA downloads, you will need to REMOVE all previous versions and then download the full setup.
Both of these links can be found at our website following this link http://http://www.mares.com/download_computers.php?region=USA.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Thanks Zak - I downloaded it last night! I forgot to uninstall the drivers before installing Drak 140 so it wouldn't connect at first. Uninstalled both the drivers and software, reinstalled and it connected perfectly. The only "funky" thing I can't figure out is the report shows my dives as fresh when they were salt and vice versa. In the actual data section it shows correctly but the report switches it (a flag set incorrectly?).

Thanks for the update!
Julie

Zak OHara

The link is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom