new board design comment and question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xrcjdx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
well, it does look more professional, but.... not sure it's an improvement. i appreciated the older design of having forum links explicitly available on the home page. and in the marketplace i prefer the option to be able to see all items for sale. when i buy i am not often looking for one thing in particular but more likely see something that i have an interest in after i see what's on offer. it appears that now i have to open a particular subforum instead of browsing all? makes for an inconvenient experience i am less likely to spend time on. or am i missing something?

We're still tweaking it and finding out what we can and can't do. Search is faster, albeit different here and the old buttons won't work. However, we are so much faster now, that going to the individual forums shouldn't take much time.

well i DON'T like it at all ! I have 24'' monitor

- fonts are oversized IMO ...put font increase / decrease icon in upper right corner

- I prefer dark basis and bright text

- many links are broken ( also inside profile )

I'm having problems with Tapatalk when I try to browse the forums. I get a network error "(get_config)". I get the same message from all my android devices. Is anybody having the same issues? Is there a solution?

- fonts are oversized IMO ...put font increase / decrease icon in upper right corner

Quick workaround: Hold down the CTRL key and use the mouse scroll wheel OR (if you don't have a mouse wheel), CTRL and the Plus (+) Minus (-) keys.

I'm having problems with Tapatalk when I try to browse the forums. I get a network error "(get_config)". I get the same message from all my android devices. Is anybody having the same issues? Is there a solution?
Drop tapatalk. Everything is responsive now. You don't need it.

Reactions: Pao
That's because Tapatalk is no longer supported. No plans to either, as of now.

Reactions: Pao

- fonts are oversized IMO
..snip

Real problem is that the message fonts are way oversized and if you reduce zoom to make them acceptable then you can't read the date and time of the post!

I really don't like it. Sometimes the board loads so slow I have to stop and let my typing catch up. Sometimes I try to post something and it seems like it didn't post ... so I post it again ... then it shows up twice. When I reply to a post it displays out of sequence with the rest of the thread. But the biggest complaint is that there's no Cancel option when you post a reply. Once you start to type, you have no option to just decide that you don't want to post it and hit Cancel. Oh, you can back out, you can refresh the page, you can do anything you want ... but the next time you access that page, your reply will still be there waiting for you to post it.

Oh, and one more thing ... seems I lost the ability to upload a picture directly from my computer. Apparently I have to "host" it now and paste a URL. Sorry, won't be sharing any of my photography on ScubaBoard anymore.

Aggravating ... should've left the thing alone. If it works, don't fix it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last edited:
But the biggest complaint is that there's no Cancel option when you post a reply. Once you start to type, you have no option to just decide that you don't want to post it and hit Cancel. Oh, you can back out, you can refresh the page, you can do anything you want ... but the next time you access that page, your reply will still be there waiting for you to post it.
Control-A in the reply window then hit the Delete key.
Oh, and one more thing ... seems I lost the ability to upload a picture directly from my computer. Apparently I have to "host" it now and paste a URL. Sorry, won't be sharing any of my photography on ScubaBoard anymore.
Use Upload a File. Or even easier, drag and drop the image from your computer onto a reply window.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom