new board design comment and question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I get to the bottom of a thread and I want to return to the beginning post, is there a key I can hit to return me to the first post? On some boards HOME key works or CTRL Home works. Is there a key for this forum?
faint on the lower right corner of the screen...

Attachments

• updown.PNG
    updown.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 93
Well is seems that the HOME key now takes me back to the beginning of the thread and the END key takes me to the end of the thread. How novel.

Thanks letter boy. I didn't see that.

no problemo.

Maybe, since I seem to be the only one having these problems, it has something to do with my account settings. I don't really know. I just know it's unpleasant to have to deal with it.
I've had the problem you're talking about a few times. It doesn't happen every time to me like it seems to for you. In the end, I closed the browser. When I came back later the permatext was gone. I'm guessing xenforo is storing the information in a cookie or php session variables or some other container.

... whereas in the previous version of this forum, you only had to click the Cancel button. But why do something with one intuitive click when you can do the same thing with multiple, non-intuitive actions?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Maybe that's a question for www.xenforo.com since they're the ones that designed the software - not us...but we do want to make it work for everyone if possible.

Let me define what I do, maybe it will help. I'm on a PC running Firefox on Windows 10 though.

I typed in some text into a reply window then "changed my mind" and left this thread.

Coming back into it I see the text greyed out in the Reply window. So I click in the window, type Ctrl-A to highlight it all then hit the Delete key.

Last edited:
So far so good ... now close the thread, come back into it and tell me what you see ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Is there a way to set the default for "search" to "most recent"? Right now the default is "most relevant" and you have to manually select the option for "most recent" Thanks!

I miss my user page with my most recent threads and favorite forums. The board loads much faster and like the fact you can have mentions using the @ symbol. Dunno if there's a summary of new features or "How Tos", but I could sure use one and try to figure out how to get to what I want.

Most people don't like change for the sake of change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom