New computer features you'd like to see

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketsp:
Loud sonar pinger if you stop breathing below 3m. (Limited of course to single cylinder applications - unless they come up with multiple sensors per computer, so that's another feature.)

That's a good idea. What about throwing in an eperb for lost at sea situations.

Large numbers so I can see them without bifocals in my mask

any suggestion?

To actually answer the question (for me) it would be the Liquivision at the price of a IQ-700.

Or another way of looking at it, it would be the IQ-700 with OLED display, ability to run Buhlmann,VPM, or RGBM algorithms, and the ability to see a graphic profile of the dive on the computer.

The graphic profile is already on some computers as the new Cobras and I think the Galileo.

Adam

The only thing I miss with my old Oceanics is dive planning that allows me to specify a SI and then multi-level dive planning.

I have not been looking. Does anybody have those things yet?

Loud sonar pinger if you stop breathing below 3m. (Limited of course to single cylinder applications - unless they come up with multiple sensors per computer, so that's another feature.)

It could also automatically post a new thread on scubaboard as well, so that the unfounded comments, second guessing and Monday morning quarterbacking could start early... :wink:

These are the features I like about my current computer:

NO air integration
NO audible alarms
NO digital compass
NO heartrate monitor
NO buttons going through O rings (potential leaks)
NO murky proprietary algorithms
NO need to change it in a couple of years years.It will do any dive I ever will.

These are the features I like about my current computer:

NO audible alarms

That is a certainly a feature that I appreciate on someone else's computer.

Large numbers so I can see them without bifocals in my mask

One of the nicest things about the Liquivision, along with the OLED display, and the very nice compass.

Back
Top Bottom