New Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares quad has 4 large easy to use buttons. Larger screen compared to most dive computers. Can be had in an AI version if you want air integration. Can do up to 3 gas at once. As well as EAN. The non AI model can be had for $270 shipped. AI version will push you upwards of $400. I think you’ll enjoy th large screen

I currently have an older computer, an Aeris XR1. I have decided to replace it for many reasons. So, here are my complaints:

1) single button option - not easy to navigate it.

3) hard to see screen - There is no back light.

4) Not user friendly - I have no idea how to swap it over for Nitrox or other gas mixes

So, what would you suggest that solves these issues?
Ok i am jumping in this thread...
For point 1 and 4, just read the manual and practice a few times.
For point 3, just use your torch at an angle to get a good reading.
For point 2, i don't know, there is none :)
Don't take it badly but as it seems you are not diving that much and don't want to spend much, why don't you just try to get the most of that you already have?
Now, if you still want to buy, against everybody else, i suggest you go for the cheapest first model of any diving manufacturer...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom